i was in the nokia catalog today saw an application i thought would be useful flashlight i install it use it pretty cool try to install other app could not said i had no space i checked said i had 1.5 available so i go to app manger try to uninstall something wont let me so i try to restore to factory settings thinking it would erase the phone good as new like every other device of this type man was i wrong crippled the phone completely apn info all gone can't access the web for help catalogs gone still can't uninstall problem application and there all still present did not erase a single application what i could not do my phone won't read storage at all so no music,video, or camera functionality at all don't know what to do help please

Last edited by superg05; 2010-03-20 at 07:25.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
How many things did you have installed? Also, do you install a lot of applications from the maemo devel repositories?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Back up your data to the memory card and then re-flash the N900. IMHO that will be quicker than anything. Then be aware of the 1000 of posts advising care when installing items from extras dev and testing.

If you decide to go ahead be aware that you may encounter this issue again. I have not had problems but I still always do a back up before installing any new software, that way I have an escape route.

the last app i got was from the nokia catalog flashlight i can provide list of apps
abiword
bluemaemo
countdown tim
dosbox
drnoksnes
facebook
fapn
firefox
fmms
forcaweather
fring
gpe audio player
gpe timesheet
gtranslate
healthcheck
irrecor remote

meamo music pi
mediabox
midori
mirror
openaarena
pcsx
photo translator
scummvm
transmission
vgba
widget gallery
wireshark

the laast thing installed was flashlight when problems started

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Back up your data to the memory card and then re-flash the N900. IMHO that will be quicker than anything. Then be aware of the 1000 of posts advising care when installing items from extras dev and testing.

If you decide to go ahead be aware that you may encounter this issue again. I have not had problems but I still always do a back up before installing any new software, that way I have an escape route.
i will reflash and i know but i got this from nokias catalog