Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Can anyone share some screenshots. Im eager to see the UI before i install.

I have a dependency issue installing telegram-cli. libjansson is needed and doesn't seem to be in any of the repositories (checked nokia mirrors and cssu testing / devel / extra dev).

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
I have a dependency issue installing telegram-cli. libjansson is needed and doesn't seem to be in any of the repositories (checked nokia mirrors and cssu testing / devel / extra dev).
Its not in repos you need to compile it: http://www.digip.org/jansson/ . Btw, i have included latest v2.7 in my previous uploaded telegram-cli, so you can also get it from there, extract and copy ALL files in telegram-cli_v1.3.1/usr/lib folder from archive to your usr/lib folder.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2016-04-04 at 10:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Thx. Apparently the symbolic links were not copied and are needed. Will check later and try again.

Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Thx. Apparently the symbolic links were not copied and are needed. Will check later and try again.
Links are there you probably are trying to extract it on mydocs which is fat partition and does not supports sysmlinks, extract it in opt or home partition youll get the file with links.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Does anybody know how to setup the client to use maemo's default image viewer ? Whenever I enter the command view_photo I'm getting
Code:
 sh: xdg-open: not found.
Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28954

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///media/mmc1/DCIM/p100001.jpg

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28954

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///media/mmc1/DCIM/p100001.jpg
Thank you. But acttually, what i want to know is how to "tell" telegram-cli to do that.

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Thank you. But acttually, what i want to know is how to "tell" telegram-cli to do that.
If you will only open pics (since im sure view audio or other views will use xdg too) then just create a script in /usr/bin named xdg-open with contents:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file://"$1"
, this should open images in default image-viewer and fail for other (audio/video/txt) "views" of telegram-cli. Well since there is no xdg-utils for maemo it should be fine or maybe someone will point out a better approach, one such i see is copying xdg-open (of diablo maybe?) to /usr/bin and manually adding rules of opening mimetype with a app to /etc/mailcap, that should work for all "views" of telegram audio/video/image/txt,etc.
EDIT: the second method i tried and it works fine for all views, though i dont know if its fine to use that method so only try that at your own risk.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2016-04-05 at 13:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much. The script method works and for now I only need view_photo option.

Tags
spyware, telescam