Hi all. (I'm kind of a newbie to this tablet, and the forums, heh)
I have been having a problem with the web browser on my nokia n800. I can't get on the internet with it. I can log onto skype and connect to the wifi in my house but if I go to any website, doesn't matter which one, it gives me a me a page load error and displays the "server not found" page. I was able to browse the web a few days ago. But one day it just stopped loading pages and gave me the page load error page. I don't know if downloading a few game apps (from the app manager) or the ads when I was on the internet messed with it or what. I've been looking everywhere on google for a lead on what could be the problem behind it, but I haven't found any solutions or leads at all. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this? I just can't seem to find any info on this at all. Please respond asap...

Just curious: Does browsing 74.125.230.113 work?

Never tried that before...

It brings me to the Google home page. But if I try to search anything, it gives me the "server not found" screen...

In the connection settings, what are the DNS settings? Also: What do /etc/resolv.conf and /var/run/resolv.conf.* contain? Stupid question, I know, since you're managing to post, but do other computers on the same Wi-Fi network manage to resolve DNS addresses fine?

Oh, hi, BTW

I'm not exactly sure about that. I don't even know where to go for that file.
Also, I'm not posting this from my nokia. I'm actually posting from my laptop. ^^;

*bump*

Does anyone have any advice/help to give me? I really would like to know asap. I've already waited 3 days and still haven't gotten a good response. If any of you have any help, don't get into the geeky part of it because I'm not a tech geek ^^;

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Have you tried a different browser. (you can download and transfer to your device via USB)

Curious how new you are to the tablet?
If the tablet is used I would recommend flashing it to the latest os and go from there.

Well, I can't download a new browser from the nokia's browser, that's for sure :P But I suppose I could try to get something. What browser do you recommend? I've seen several ones out there and I'm not sure which one to choose. I tried the mozilla-type (microb-browser) one but it failed to install O.o (thats because I d'loaded the install file from my laptop onto a memory card and put the card into the nokia and tried to install it, but it gave me an error. "Incompatible application package"

And yes, it is used, and it does have OS2008 on it. (it came with it I think) I'm pretty sure that's the newest version available on it...

P.S. I know how to work it and use the file browser and stuff, I've learned a good amount of it, I'm just not a tech geek about it XD

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
I would recommend flashing it.
Instructions can be found here:
https://wiki.maemo.org/Upgrading_tablet_OS#N800.2FN810

if you want to try another browser try tear:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=795
save the 0.3.6-0 deb file and open it in app manager

have fun

Ok, thanks, I'll try it