Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Another thing is my N9 seems to warm up a lot more than it does running Harmattan. Just having the terminal and a browser open, perhaps the store and in half an hour or so the device really starts to warm up. Not to alarming heats but enough to be significant in comparison to Harmattan.

Anyone else experiencing things like this?

Edit: Also, is there a way to get rid of the boot warning (warranty) without flashing the phone through again? I mean, I didn't care at first, but rebooting often makes it quite annoying. However, a clean format/reflash sequence for both Harmattan and Sailfish is not an option.
1) It's the added CPU overhead of some stuff in Sailfish, and maybe some lacking power management stuff. It's bearable - definitely not as hot as running NITDroid.

2) Nope, only option's to reflash. The NAND area that displays the image is locked (to programs using the CAL library) from writes.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
1) It's the added CPU overhead of some stuff in Sailfish, and maybe some lacking power management stuff. It's bearable - definitely not as hot as running NITDroid.
Watching top, I've seen lipstick and sensord coming both to notable heights like >14%.

I suppose it will sourt itself out. POC and all.

2) Nope, only option's to reflash. The NAND area that displays the image is locked (to programs using the CAL library) from writes.
Bummer. And the warning is only removable by a complete flash (id est, including EMMC)?

And just a second ago I had this nice dejavu with good old N900 times. A call comes in, black screen, no way to unlock it. Ah well. Wasn't in the mood to talk anyway

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
When I try and enter my simlock pin, often I need to pick up the phone first, before I can enter digits. Almost as if the accelerometer triggers the keypads to function or something. But for that, it should happen consistently, but it doesn't. When I type digits, phone laying down, sometimes it takes 3 of 4 keystrokes before the eventhandler picks it up. Sometimes it doesn't react and I need to pick up the phone first. Odd behaviour, it seems.
That's capacitive touch for you

For some reason the digitizer needs better earthing (through a firm grip on the device) to work on Sailfish than on Harmattan.
I think it is due to some calibration that would be needed on the device to make it more sensitive, and that's missing on MER so the digitizer works on default sensitivity.

Some people experience this behaviour on Harmattan, also, so it is not that uncommon.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland

Bummer. And the warning is only removable by a complete flash (id est, including EMMC)?
I'm not an expert here (no warranty for this method) but you can take a try to flash a closed mode kernel, remove the warranty warning, and flash open mode & ubiboot back. In worst case you'll end up reflashing, what you were to do.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's capacitive touch for you
Every time my girlfriend (SGS2 owner) needed my N900, she would complain. After I got the N9 it took some adjustment as well. At least I know the difference now

For some reason the digitizer needs better earthing (through a firm grip on the device) to work on Sailfish than on Harmattan.
I think it is due to some calibration that would be needed on the device to make it more sensitive, and that's missing on MER so the digitizer works on default sensitivity.
Calibration seems like something easily solvable, given there is time for people to work on it. Like I said, for a proof of concept, things work miraculously well!

Some people experience this behaviour on Harmattan, also, so it is not that uncommon.
I was not aware of that, so I take your word for it.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I'm not an expert here (no warranty for this method) but you can take a try to flash a closed mode kernel, remove the warranty warning, and flash open mode & ubiboot back. In worst case you'll end up reflashing, what you were to do.
You mean using the stock kernel image to overwrite the NAND en then quitting the process of flashing? Sounds legit. Question is, how to know when it's safe to press Ctrl-C?

Last edited by anthonie; 2014-01-13 at 19:02.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
You mean using the stock kernel image to overwrite the NAND en then quitting the process of flashing? Sounds legit. Question is, how to know when it's safe to press Ctrl-C?
I mean flash only kernel from the so-called main.bin, boot into closed mode, and follow the instructions by coderus. Then flash ubiboot back.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you cant turn to normal mode by flashing only kernel. only full reflash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Exactly. Going Open Mode is a one-way-street, once you so much as once boot a non-signed kernel there is no going back.
There's a Secure Mode signature bit flashed to your system to a non-accessible location by the boot loader.
The Secure Mode bit is cleared only when you do a full reflash to Closed Mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
You can remove the warning via root Terminal with:
disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode
thanks to coderus from this thread

This requires vanilla firmware. You can then flash the openmode kernel. You have to delete your aegis keys prior to flashing the open kernel as its not back-to-back flashing closed->open.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Hey guys, I was wondering if I can run sailfish on my N9 withouth repartitioning it...?

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish