Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Can we get a version that works for PR1.2?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Thanks for such a wonderful tweaks. I have been wanting to sync all my mail, not just 2 weeks back. This tweaks make it hard for me to let go of my N9.

Btw, just a thought, as there're too many options and the users could easily making a mistake without knowing what they're doing (I'm one of them) and that could be a mess up. I'd be nice to see maybe some kind of more categorized tweak, e.g. sync back with drop down options for 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, forever.

This way it's simpler for me not to touch each parameter I don't exactly know how it works directly.

Anyway, I appreciate your work

The Following User Says Thank You to thanyapat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all, I've been in business trip so sorry for a delay in response

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
There is an option to sync notes.

Does this mean we can sync our notes? Mine is currently set to 0 for both options, what should I change it to, to get my notes sync'd?

Thanks for all your hard work on this.
well, this setting is for 14.x protocol and since it is currently disabled in as-daemon, so you can't sync your notes.

Hmm, attached packages works fine on my N9 (it is running with PR1.2). I'll check it once again a bit later (I think tomorrow).

Originally Posted by thanyapat View Post
Thanks for such a wonderful tweaks. I have been wanting to sync all my mail, not just 2 weeks back. This tweaks make it hard for me to let go of my N9.

Btw, just a thought, as there're too many options and the users could easily making a mistake without knowing what they're doing (I'm one of them) and that could be a mess up. I'd be nice to see maybe some kind of more categorized tweak, e.g. sync back with drop down options for 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, forever.

This way it's simpler for me not to touch each parameter I don't exactly know how it works directly.

Anyway, I appreciate your work
Thanks for the post. Yeah, I thought about it and I'm going to create two modes:
1) "Easy tweak mode" with switches like "I want to sync all emails"
2) "Advanced mode"with all settings etc.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
New version (0.0.7) is available now. Thanks to Anton Magaev for UI improvements.

Try the 0.0.7 version. Works fine on my N9. If it still doesn't work on your device can you give me a little bit more info like "it is even can't be installed" or "it shows me a <some error text> in the console"?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
New version (0.0.7) is available now. Thanks to Anton Magaev for UI improvements.

Try the 0.0.7 version. Works fine on my N9. If it still doesn't work on your device can you give me a little bit more info like "it is even can't be installed" or "it shows me a <some error text> in the console"?
Thank you, it works.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Hi Sergey

IMAP folder mapping is not working for me. I can select a folder but it's not changed/reflected in the Mails app. Additionally, when I re-open you app an select e.g. the Trash folder to see it's mapped IMAP folder there's no entry selected/mapped.

Do you have an idea what could be the reason?
I have localized folder names (e.g. "Papierkorb" for the Trash folder). Could this be this issue? Would be great if you could get this to work!

Let me know if I can do something to help you to locate the bug.

Also it would be nice to set the mapping to "not mapped". I know the Mail client has this ability because at another imap mail account where I only have "INBOX", "Sent" and "Trash" (in English, not localized - mapping works out of the box) the other "default" folders like Drafts (in my case it would be "Entwürfe") aren't displayed at all.
At the other account with the localized folder names it shows me these additional default folders but they aren't mapped to any IMAP folder, so I assume they are stored somewhere locally?

Edit: Forgot to mention: I'm currently still on PR1.1. Will probably upgrade this weekend.

Last edited by The Best Isaac; 2012-03-06 at 21:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
Hi Sergey

IMAP folder mapping is not working for me. I can select a folder but it's not changed/reflected in the Mails app. Additionally, when I re-open you app an select e.g. the Trash folder to see it's mapped IMAP folder there's no entry selected/mapped.

Do you have an idea what could be the reason?
I have localized folder names (e.g. "Papierkorb" for the Trash folder). Could this be this issue? Would be great if you could get this to work!

Let me know if I can do something to help you to locate the bug.

Also it would be nice to set the mapping to "not mapped". I know the Mail client has this ability because at another imap mail account where I only have "INBOX", "Sent" and "Trash" (in English, not localized - mapping works out of the box) the other "default" folders like Drafts (in my case it would be "Entwürfe") aren't displayed at all.
hi, try the 0.0.8 version. Folder's mapping should be fixed here I'll add the "Local Storage" in the list of the folders and it will be equal to "not mapped" state. Thanks for your feedback!

At the other account with the localized folder names it shows me these additional default folders but they aren't mapped to any IMAP folder, so I assume they are stored somewhere locally?
Yes, they should be stored in "Local Storage" folder.

Hi Sergey,

thank you very much, folder mapping works without any problem now!

Edit: I've encounterd another problem related to IMAP mail accounts, though I think it's not the fault of MeMailSettings but by the Fennix Mail Client.
When I go to the folder mappings the list of available IMAP folders doesn't seem to update. If I delete and/or add a folder, the mail client doesn't seem to notice this.
Is there any workaround to force it to update the IMAP folders? Except of re-creating the account? There is. Just favourite and/or un-favourite a folder and the mail client updates the folders.

Last edited by The Best Isaac; 2012-03-07 at 20:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Hi Sergey,

thank you very much, folder mapping works without any problem now!

Edit: I've encounterd another problem related to IMAP mail accounts, though I think it's not the fault of MeMailSettings but by the Fennix Mail Client.
When I go to the folder mappings the list of available IMAP folders doesn't seem to update. If I delete and/or add a folder, the mail client doesn't seem to notice this.
Is there any workaround to force it to update the IMAP folders? Except of re-creating the account? There is. Just favourite and/or un-favourite a folder and the mail client updates the folders.
I suppose a simple manual sync should help too in this case

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
I suppose a simple manual sync should help too in this case
You're right. I just tried and it works, too.
Well, sometimes one misses the forest for the trees.