Notices

Originally Posted by hudzilla View Post
I see. It seems, then, that javispedro just got a pretty big example project with which to test his GL implementation
Javispedro doesn't have "his" GLES implementation. N900 GLES is from Imagination Technologies which is the same vendor as in iPhone I believe. SDL-GLES library is for easily creating GLES rendering context.

What happens with Brain Party is that for some reason almost all memory is eventually swapped to swap partition. Swap partition is on flash chip which is very slow on N900 and 99% of time is wasted on waiting for IO. I don't know why it happens, but I haven't seen it ever before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bonkel View Post
how can i translate it to german language
Either hudzilla decides to add i18n to the game (gettextize it, so to speak) and you will be able to translate it the proper way (.po files or even transifex) or you download the source and edit all the strings and recompile.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
At the moment, there are partly reproducable crashes/lockups/slowdowns with the bubble popping and sheep games, i've found about 30-50% of the time playing the bubble popping game I can get anywhere from 30-90 seconds in to it then itll start slowing down, initially with bubbles just taking a second or two longer than normal to fully slide up but eventually with the device stalling completely for 20-30 seconds, with about that kind of timeframe between menu changes attempting to exit the program.

It's a really great game and would be ace to see this in extras, it will be a horrible shame to see the slowdowns remain and prevent it getting promoted for end-user use.
I had it crash once in the balloon, not in the sheep, I think... but it can extends over transition in between games. Let me try it again. (brb)

EDIT: did a test run without encountering the balloon group-popping game and it went fine... Than went into the balloon via practice and couldn't finish the game before hitting my kill -9 PID i had prepared for that moment by ssh because it locked up / got sluggish very quickly.

it still has free memory at that point though:

Code:
HHGTTG:~# ps aux|grep -i brain
 2059 user     74644 R    /opt/brainparty/brainparty 
HHGTTG:~# free;kill -9 2059
              total         used         free       shared      buffers
  Mem:       245540       174996        70544            0           52
 Swap:       786424       144360       642064
Total:      1031964       319356       712608
HHGTTG:~# free             
              total         used         free       shared      buffers
  Mem:       245540       156852        88688            0           52
 Swap:       786424       125752       660672
Total:      1031964       282604       749360

Last edited by R-R; 2010-04-08 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Javispedro doesn't have "his" GLES implementation. N900 GLES is from Imagination Technologies which is the same vendor as in iPhone I believe. SDL-GLES library is for easily creating GLES rendering context.

What happens with Brain Party is that for some reason almost all memory is eventually swapped to swap partition. Swap partition is on flash chip which is very slow on N900 and 99% of time is wasted on waiting for IO. I don't know why it happens, but I haven't seen it ever before.
I'm facing similar issue too. The whole device is like stop responding or momentary freeze, and I have to wait for quite long before the phone respond.
There will be sign tough, the game will start to lag, and if I don't quickly quit the game, it'll get slow and worst.

Once, I'm not sure if it's related to this game as I've quit the game, the phone seems responding slow somehow, and when I connect to WiFi, the whole phone freeze, no response at all. Waited for some time, then I decided to remove the battery.

Originally Posted by Andy214 View Post
I'm facing similar issue too. The whole device is like stop responding or momentary freeze, and I have to wait for quite long before the phone respond.
There will be sign tough, the game will start to lag, and if I don't quickly quit the game, it'll get slow and worst.

Once, I'm not sure if it's related to this game as I've quit the game, the phone seems responding slow somehow, and when I connect to WiFi, the whole phone freeze, no response at all. Waited for some time, then I decided to remove the battery.
Are you sure you actually managed to kill it properly? Maybe it's still running...
I'm able to load slashdot.org no problem after killing it via ssh.
(trying to leave the app normally usually just locked up the whole system )

Unrelated to the crashing bug...
But in the minesweeper game, how do you tell the game you've found the 8 mines?

I can only seem to click them and blow them up even though they are the only left...

Last edited by R-R; 2010-04-10 at 13:23.

R-R: I think you need to read the instructions again

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Nice job on that.

What about using SDL-GLES? I read that SDL1.3 hasn't really shaped up in Fremantle. I also recall there being two or three different versions of it in the repo, but maybe i was just confused.
Oops, my fault. There are two SDL1.3s in the repo since I didn't properly name it at first then changed it later.

As for no work being done on it - I simply have no device to test on and my scratchbox setup has no openGL. So, the project is pretty much halted as is PokerTH(for optify reasons) and slysics(no opengl or SDL1.3).

There seems to be a bug with writing out ~/.brainparty, mine seems to keep growing exponentially (currently 11M / 2.2 million lines long!) and taking ages at 100% CPU at the end of each game. Removing it restores sanity for a while at least (but loses scores obviously).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
great game!!!!

I downloaded 2 days ago and i m in love with it :-)

do you think you can add some extra games???

thanks