Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Yer, we have one with the OS2008. osso-xterm, I felt like compiling another one so there.

Update 14/11/08:

multi-tabbed GTK+2 terminal emulator application

ROXTerm is a terminal emulator intended to provide similar features to gnome-terminal, based on the same VTE library, but with a smaller footprint and quicker start-up time. It achieves this by not using the GNOME libraries and by using a separate applet to provide the configuration GUI. It can be used as a ROX application, as the name implies, or in any other X environment.

I hildonised this and shoved this into Extras (mainly for the sake of the deblet installer :P) :
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/roxterm/

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-11-14 at 15:38.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
From the screenie, it looks like it's just a straight compile without even including the hildon headers :/

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Well, that is what I do.

All I'm gonna do is sort out the button maps tommorow.

The only thing unhildonised in that screenshot is the menus showing which I'm not really bothered about because the gtk way is more convienent for me (although no denying that would save space which is always good in a term app),and I don't plan on hildonising that.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-06-12 at 20:15.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
The only thing unhildonised in that screenshot is the menus showing which I'm not really bothered about because the gtk way is more convienent for me (although no denying that would save space which is always good in a term app),and I don't plan on hildonising that.
Doesn't want to install... "Application packkages missing libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.6.1)" error warning -- do have libglade2.0 installed, though?

--denis

I think the packages in my scratchbox are newer :/

There is a newer libglade in maemo extras, just update it to the one from there and reinstall this again.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
If I upgrade libglade2-0, osso-software-version will be removed. Is this a problem? I've read that this will prevent future software upgrade.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
i think that somewhere on your device, there is a file that contains the osso-software-version data that you might be abele to backup. too bad i forgot ware the file was .
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Just modify /var/lib/dpkg/status (or something like that) with a text editor, and change the dependency of osso-software-version on libglade2 to >= instead of =...

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey, anyone willing to post up the libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.6.1) .deb file.

I've search high and low for the past 3 hours trying to find this slippery little bugger.

The best I can find online is version 1:2.4.0

Thanks!

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
It would be much better to have it in standard in diablo. Is there any chance?