Hello everyone

I've recently bought an n800 (running on OS2008), I'm more than happy with this cute, little device and I'd like to ask a few questions. I've been reading the forum for 3 months now but I can't seem to find the answers.

Here we go then,

1. How do I change the default font size? I find them a bit to big, I'd rather have size 12-14. Is there any application I can install to customize the fonts? I've read about theme packs but as far as I know they might be difficult to uninstall.

2. I've set up my gmail account and everything seems to be working fine but I could use some sound notification every time I get an email (preferably a sound of my choice). I know about MNOTIFY but I don't want to be redirected to the website, I want to use the inbuilt email client. Is it possible to achieve? Or perhaps I should use an alternative client? What do you reckon?

3. I have recently connected my N800 to my car radio (AUX OUT - standard jack to jack cable) to check the sound quality and I was rather dissapointed to hear the background hiss everytime a sound was played. It was only audible when N800 produced a sound, for example when I clicked on the screen I could hear a hiss and the click. The hissing stopped 2 seconds later and there was complete silence again until I clicked it again. I have tried 3 different cables. This only happens with the car radio. I have never heard it on earphones, headphones or any other computer speakers I have connected. Can anything be done about that?

4. Is there any way I can lock the applets so I don't move them accidentally? And is it possible to customize them as well or at least resize them?

5. Has anyone heard of a tearing fix which is visible in cover mode in Canola?

6. I know that Simple Launcher doesn't support transparency in OS2008. Is there a workaround to this?

I would be grateful for any help. I've googled the problems up but to no avail.

P.S. English is not my native language but I hope it's comprehensible.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
Originally Posted by roberto View Post

...rather have size 12-14. Is there any application I can install to customize the fonts? I've read about theme packs but as far as I know they might be difficult to uninstall.

...email (preferably a sound of my choice). I know about MNOTIFY but I don't want to be redirected to the website, I want to use the inbuilt email client.
I will answer the easy ones

1. I have 12 and 14pt versions of Echo and Glasser installed in addition to the default versions plus several other Themes. It's easy to switch from one to another, no need to uninstall. From the Home screen press use Menu > Set theme...

2. You can use MNotify to alert you when a new Gmail message has been received, and still use the email application to retrieve and send messages. There is no conflict between them. However, the email application also has this feature built-in: Menu > Tools > Settings > Updating > Play sound when message arrives. You will need to scroll down to see this option.

The Following User Says Thank You to sparkling For This Useful Post:
Where can I find those themes?

Originally Posted by roberto View Post
4. Is there any way I can lock the applets so I don't move them accidentally? And is it possible to customize them as well or at least resize them?

5. Has anyone heard of a tearing fix which is visible in cover mode in Canola?

6. I know that Simple Launcher doesn't support transparency in OS2008. Is there a workaround to this?
Not yet. Planned for the future, though (at least that's what I'm hearing from the bug tracker)

Nope.

I don't think so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Navi For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
When I get a case of applet drift, I click on Home > Select Applets, turn off the misplaced ones, then turn them back on again. They miraculously return to their proper places. Prevention is simple; just lock the screen when tne N800 is put away.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You can resize certain applets such as the RSS feed reader and the Google search box. Touch them by the appropriate side or the corner, hold the stylus on the screen and move it until it's the right size.

Not all applets can be resized like this though.

You can see this in action here:

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...customise.html

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post: