Notices

Hi everyone!

I just got my N900, and I really love it so far!!
I just have a small issue with Gtalk.I am using Skype perfectly, but it simple won,t let me log in to my Gtalk account.It never did.I tried everything i could think of,including logging of the application in my computer, and changing the mane to username@googlemail.com.

Anyone else had this problem?Where can i get aMSN?Is Fring available already?

I am sure that some of you will have some great ideas.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hi & Welcome to the forum!

How are you connected to the internet? Might be that you are behind a proxy / firewall that blocks specific ports...

For integrated MSN, the "account-plugin-butterfly" package will be available soon in Extras catalogue so it will be available in Application Manager. The pacakge is already in Extras-Testing but that catalogue is NOT meant for end users as software may be harmful.

Also see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34800 .
I don't know what "aMSN" is.

I still can,t log in!I am connected via WIFI, but on that very same connection i can log in in my computer..but not in my N900.
Apparently some ports are closed,but why does it then work on my computer?Not sure what is happening.Anyone else had this problem?I will try somewhere else tomorrow,but I am kind of lost.
My GPS takes also too long to lock(it never did so far in the 24 hours i had my N900)..so i guess there could be something wrong with this WIFI...

aMSN is a version of MSN where you can apparently do video chat.
I saw it here: http://n900blog.wordpress.com/

Thanks for your help.

When I fix this 2 issues then i will be able to enjoy it to the fullest.Are there any other ways(Fring...) to use Gtalk?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
Hi Tristran

I had a similar problem logging in to GTalk, this appeared to be the use of symbols in my password.
I found that I needed to type my password in a note, then copy and paste it in to the password field.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
i have also experienced the same but with very big passwords... more than 50 chars

is it possible that is a bug or just a feature? :P

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
As a first step, posting the *exact* error popup is welcome.
When it comes to bugs, being exact is very helpful.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
"verbindung mit einem odere mehreren konnte nicht möglich"

Something like, connection with one of the other accounts was not possible...

Also happens if I try to connect with an incorrect password. Maybe it is a reused error message so. Not that specific...

Any idea what that might cause? I also noticed that by using #@$, one of those not sure, it gives me the same error.

Tried to take a screenshot but I need to hold the camera button for 20 seconds and the popup disappears long before the 20 second time.

Okay, so the standard error message. Screenshot not needed (Control+Shift+P might be an easier way though)...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
Tried to take a screenshot but I need to hold the camera button for 20 seconds and the popup disappears long before the 20 second time.
You don't have to hold the camera button 20 seconds. You have 20 seconds to take the screenshot using camera button. But as Andre said ctrl+shift+p is easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
My gtalk logs in fine, good luck to those who haven't so far. I'm only using wi-fi simless so far.

Has anyone managed to get the gtalk email of a contact automatically copy to an email field? It doesn't do that for me, and i's greyed out for me to copy and paste. I imagine the same may happen with other IM services as well ?

Tags
gtalk not signed in