Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
GVDailer requires a callback number.
The web interface will call directly from the web interface and talk directly from there. No phone required
You can use sip/ gizmo as a call back no. without having to use your phone minutes.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by alienhead View Post
You can use sip/ gizmo as a call back no. without having to use your phone minutes.
What is your experience with this setup? On my setup, some call quality is great, but sometimes I get drop outs or bad calls.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So there's not an way to use the browser to phone combination on the N900 without using a third party app and/or callback number?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
What is your experience with this setup? On my setup, some call quality is great, but sometimes I get drop outs or bad calls.
Honestly, i don't have any problems. I also use it to make outgoing calls without a callback number.

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
I have been using Gizmo/Google Voice for a while now. It's amazing. Saves me some money. Call quality is acceptable and not worse than Skype.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So there's not an way to use the browser to phone combination on the N900 without using a third party app and/or callback number?
Do you have a gizmo account? try www.gizmocall.com
I was able to make calls successfully, but the mic on my n900 dint pick up my voice . But it can be made to work, if we had to, right?

Sometime back, gizmo5 allowed users to use google voice for outgoing calls( they don't, anymore). I had done that, hence I can make outgoing calls using google voice without having a callback number. Only downside is, the call duration is limited to 3 minutes, but you can call as many times you want.

A gizmo account is a callback number.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Sometime back, gizmo5 allowed users to use google voice for outgoing calls( they don't, anymore). I had done that, hence I can make outgoing calls using google voice without having a callback number. Only downside is, the call duration is limited to 3 minutes, but you can call as many times you want.
You mean they don't register new users? I have a Gizmo account and can make outgoing calls through it. I didn't know there was a 3 minutes call limit. Is there a limit in receiving calls?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Do you have a gizmo account? try www.gizmocall.com
I was able to make calls successfully, but the mic on my n900 dint pick up my voice . But it can be made to work, if we had to, right?
I don't think you quite got my question - but yes, I do have a Gizmo account. And I have a Google Voice account too - Grand Central before that.

I don't need a Gizmo account to use the Voice via Gmail though in the browser as they've currently rolled out. And if I recollect, you cannot get a Gizmo account if I didn't have one - signup has been stopped.

Therefore, my question stands. Can you fire up Microb, log into Gmail via Microb and make calls via Microb using Google Voice?