I try to install it, then it says that I'm missing stuff. Then after I tried a method that someone posted here, I downloaded the old version. I look like it was about to install, then it goes through the process, but it ends up not installing. Any help?

I'm with you. I've tried every suggestion in these forums but all methods give me the same "missing packages" error message. I'm new to the n800 and all this Linux stuff so I may be missing something. Would love to try Rhapsody though.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
It appears there is a problem with the Nokia repository, i. e. you cannot install Rhapsody for OS 2007 from the Application Manager until they sort this thing out. (They uploaded a newer version (2.1), but as far as I can see haven't checked all the dependencies.)

Does anyone have the .deb file of the 1.98 version? Could you upload it here? That would be the easiest way to get Rhapsody running until Nokia repairs the repository.

Yes, could someone upload or link to the Rhapsody 1.98 deb file??? 2.1 doesn't work on n800 with latest OS2007 firmware. Thanks!

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
rhapsody 2.1 became available today and application manager starts to install it but fails after asking to accept couple of licences and killed my installation of rhapsody 1.98. I was able to complete installation from xterm with "apt-get install rhapsody-player rhapsody".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khalid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Yep, I had to do the same, now it works again

New Rhapsody reports that it installed ok, but will not launch. I'm using n800/2007.... was this rhapsody update intended only for 2008 firmware? Thanks for any help.

~ $ rhapsody-player
/usr/share/themes/plankton/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "../images/qgn_plat_application_chat_background.jpg"
/usr/share/themes/plankton/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1: "Background" image options specified without filename
rhapsody-player[5981]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib-GObject - g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Segmentation fault
~ $

Not sure what this means, cept that something's not jollly

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
rhapsody does not seem to like being started from command line. I get segmentation fault as well when I start it as "rhapsody-player" from command line. It works just fine when I launch it from the menu. Have you tried launching it from the menu?

I tried from the command line so I could post results here; launching from the menu crashes as well. It starts to draw the rhapsody window, them closes.

I uninstalled to try again, but now app manager reports the file is corrupt. Guess will have to wait and see, however, I'm half way thru the free trial... if anyone knows where I can find the previous version's install/deb I'd like to go back.

Thanks!