Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is it possible to buy a new N900 anywhere at this time (Nov. 2011)? I mean, a true, Nokia-manufactured item, not a counterfeit or a refurb. I am in the USA.

Does anyone know how to find such? I see the ads on Ebay, but they seem very uncertain. I followed up a couple of ads on Amazon, but these led to dubious companies run by one or two people, with no reliable credentials.

In Australia, Techoni is advertising the N900 for $299, but Techoni has quite a few bad reviews. Also in Australia, MobiCity seems better, they get good reviews; but in my inquiries, they kept saying that they had the phones in stock, only to admit later that they do not, and that the phone would ship directly to me from Hong Kong. So again, I do not know if I would be getting a clone.

I found a nice used one, but I would really like to have a new one, if only it is possible. Any ideas?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
try calling some stores locally.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I think you would find it would be very hard to obtain a genuine N900 let alone a brand new N900. As you would have already known nokia no longer produces them and if you're lucky enough to find them selling in the shops it might be second hand.

Hong Kong is fairly well-known notorious place to sell second hand items that are dubbed as new. Before there was a thread about N900 scammers be aware thread I bought my second N900 from there which the shop owner convinced me it was brand new. Truth be told that it seems the previous owner did not bother to reflash the device completely let alone restoring to defaults.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Hi!
I've did a bit of googling, and I've found some to sell from fastmobile, for $358.00.
Or from tigermobile for 359$.
It's available on Techrific too, you should contact these stores and see if you can get one new from any one of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Amsterdam
I bought a brand new one last week for EUR 300 (USD 400) in the Netherlands: BelCompany is selling a few, some are unused demos. The 2-year warranty starts on the moment you buy one. They do not ship them out, but they do move them to different BelCompany locations if you like. You should find someone here who can buy it for you and send it.
call +31-30-2300100 or +31-346-580366 or +31-30-2620763 and ask the personnel to check in their system what shop in NL has a remaining n900

what's wrong with buying a second hand or refurb from ebay or similar site? much cheaper than a new one, and at least you're not under the illusion that it has not been used

I have bought several over the past year for about $250 AUD from Ebay, claimed brand new from Hong Kong, and as far as I could tell, all were brand new. I am tempted to buy another now that nemo has pace.

Originally Posted by mirciox View Post
Hi!
I've did a bit of googling, and I've found some to sell from fastmobile, for $358.00.
Or from tigermobile for 359$.
It's available on Techrific too, you should contact these stores and see if you can get one new from any one of them.
Thank you. However, I called them, and all three said they would not ship to the USA.

Originally Posted by zero View Post
what's wrong with buying a second hand or refurb from ebay or similar site? much cheaper than a new one, and at least you're not under the illusion that it has not been used
Thanks for the reminder, and I may just do that. Still, there is the lure of the new...

Originally Posted by bgdwie View Post
I have bought several over the past year for about $250 AUD from Ebay, claimed brand new from Hong Kong, and as far as I could tell, all were brand new. I am tempted to buy another now that nemo has pace.
Thanks for responding. These phones that you bought --- were they apparently identical to the older, original models? No differences at all?

Also, what does, "now that nemo has pace" mean?

Robert