@ceevee and eeero

I am facing the exact problem with my white N9.
For now its only 1 line at the top. Only once I saw two lines one top and other in middle. It very irritating sometimes and the issue doesn't occur always.

One thing I observed is If i place the phone upside down in my pocket, I haven't seen the issue in the past 2 weeks. (I might be wrong )

I thought I might have screwed my Display somehow and about the buy a new one. . Lucky I saw this post.

Mine is made in Finland model and 059M5R3.

I should be having a snapshot (thought of posting it here before). If I find it or if the issue occurs I will upload the pic.

Last edited by montamer; 2012-08-27 at 09:53.

If you turn off the "Stand-by screen" in Settings -> Device -> Display, the number of lines decreases eventually.

Never goes away though.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
It's defective panel/cable. Why don't you just get it fixed under warranty?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal, Porto
Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
If you turn off the "Stand-by screen" in Settings -> Device -> Display, the number of lines decreases eventually.

Never goes away though.
Why?

It happens to me too after I drop it

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Milan, IT
I am facing this problem too, I observed that the number of the stripes increases a lot if the screen is "cold" (10-15° C)...

p.s.

I've never dropped the phone

Last edited by AB3S; 2012-11-12 at 20:21.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Fort Worth, Texas
I have this too. I've (clutched at straws) and tried RGB stuck pixel videos from youtube, but it's still the same. I've just bought a new screen from ebay. I'll let you know if it changes anything!

I never dropped my phone and had this problem too. Nokia care said it's fault and changed the screen in warranty.