Notices

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by paulemm View Post
It works for me
I reflashed my N900 with PR1.3 from nokia tablet site manually downloaded and installed fmradio and python-gconf
Do you after you installed fmradio do you install also python-gconf ? or it is install automatically with fmradio?

for me (PR1.3, fmradio 2010.03.20, n900-fmrx-enabler 1.5-4+0m5) FM radio works as for earlier systems.
One thing it cannot do: Let me listen via Bluetooth stereo headset while using the physical headset purely as antenna. This combination does not work, with funny results like routing the N900 internal mic to the Bluetooth headset while at the same time using the wired headset as antenna for FM radio, which can tune in and display radio text, but then no sound output...

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by bitrocky View Post
am I the only where fmradio (not the "wide" version, because it doesn't work here) can't come back to the previous station after a phone call?

fmradio interrupted by the sms notify sound works, but when fmradio is interrupted by a phone call, it doesn't continues to play the previously heared station, but only "rauschen", I have to manually retune the station, thats very annoying;(
Happens for me as well; annoying indeed.

I still find its portrait-rotation bug to be more annoying, but having to fiddle with the tuning after every call is a close second.

I upgraded yesterday manually ( using the flasher ) to PR1.3 and one thing I noticed is that few applications stopped working. I did a full reflash of the main firmware and the eMMC. It was the same. The applications mentioned are HealthCheck and Wifi-Eye - both of them require python2.5-qt4-common (4.7.4-maemo0) libraries, but the PR1.3 comes with (4.7.5-maemo1) from there the conflict. Even if you manually downgrade to 4.7.4 the applications would not run - just crash.
Another interesting thing is that my ICQ and Yahoo accounts would not sign in. I am using skype, ovi, facebook, msn, yahoo and icq. All except ICQ and Yahoo do sign in properly. Anyone similar?

The Following User Says Thank You to killian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
for me (PR1.3, fmradio 2010.03.20, n900-fmrx-enabler 1.5-4+0m5) FM radio works as for earlier systems.
One thing it cannot do: Let me listen via Bluetooth stereo headset while using the physical headset purely as antenna. This combination does not work, with funny results like routing the N900 internal mic to the Bluetooth headset while at the same time using the wired headset as antenna for FM radio, which can tune in and display radio text, but then no sound output...
I have the same (PR1.3, fmradio 2010.03.20, n900-fmrx-enabler 1.5-4+0m5)
and it doesn't work. Maybe it conflict with another application?

As anyone find a solution to get fm player back yet?

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Replacing it with the stable version from extras may help until this issue got resolved.
This works.

I had the wide version installed on a fresh PR1.3 install and it would not load.

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
This works.

I had the wide version installed on a fresh PR1.3 install and it would not load.
is it the version ending with a .20 at the end? I tried the .20, .30, .40 now there is the .60 they all not work the .20 stay open the other all close after opening

i am using nokia BH 214 bluetooth headset i tried using it with fm radio but doesnt work is there a way to enable that or is that not possible?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
is it the version ending with a .20 at the end? I tried the .20, .30, .40 now there is the .60 they all not work the .20 stay open the other all close after opening
Yes.

The version from Extras is v2010.03.20.

It has been completely stable for me on PR1.3 -- I use it at least twice a day during my commute and haven't had any problems with it at all.

Tags
fm player, help wanted