Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bulgaria
Yes, I did Is and it shows the files are in the folder (N900 memory).
But it doesn't want to instal them..

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
the black screen is due to too low voltage on dsp, disable SR/increase voltages for 720 and 805 frequencies on dsp profile and reboot you should be fine.
...too bad this already happens with the stock/unaltered 'dsp' profile from kernel-power-settings v13.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...too bad this already happens with the stock/unaltered 'dsp' profile from kernel-power-settings v13.
Default DSP profile is SR enabled, issue is some devices cannot handle the too low voltages which SR supplies even for stock frequencies. make sure to disable SR and tinker(by lowering voltage after disabling SR) with voltages untill you finds best stable voltages.
hopefully freemangordon will update kp50 with better SR voltages/calibrations.

Alternatively you should be still good to have SR on by moving oc-DSP frequencies to higher MPU frequencies. i.e 805: xx :560 and 850: xx :600

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Too strange that it DID work for several days (around the 19th of November) before i updated to the last CSSU testing. With SR enabled. I have several 1024x576 videos recorded from that period.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-12-09 at 11:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Hey @<camera-ui2 devs>,

yesterday I was thinking in bed (...) is it possible to implement software zoom in videos similar to the one found in Canon's newer DSLRs.

For example if the sensor is 512x512 pixels and you are shooting video @128x128 you would be skipping 3 pixels for each one, at zoom level 2 you would start shooting from 128th pixel top&left and end at 384th pixel skipping every other pixel, and at zoom level 3 you would start from 192th pixel and end at 320th pixel, capturing every of the pixels. This will create a software fake zoom that does not lose quality.

And some illustrations(Rant @TMO file uploader requirements):
Sensor: 32x32
Image: 8x8
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tecs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tecs View Post

tecs Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria

Hey @<camera-ui2 devs>,

yesterday I was thinking in bed (...)
Yeah sure freemangordon (i mean "tecs", scusi), don't try to cheat us

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Yeah sure freemangordon (i mean "tecs", scusi), don't try to cheat us
Nah, it is not me.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Black screen / stuck on first frame on my device as well. DSP overclocked, SR off. With and without freemangordons 720p-packages.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I was having issues with camera-ui (original AND new), which nothing seemed to fix. On a whim, I decided to try the new 720p package because it contained some up-stream fixes. I figured it was already broken, so what could it hurt? Since then, camera-ui hasn't gotten the dreaded gst-faults (where when run from xterm it complains about not being able to allocate resources on dsp to save the image).

I see no reason to stay on the older drivers if they're not working for you... Give the new ones a shot. (Btw: I did discover that disabling SR vdd1 was needed to make it work properly for recording. Playback seemed to work fine in both modes though... How odd is that?)

Last edited by woody14619; 2011-12-09 at 21:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Still withouth getting any answer...

The DSP can handle higher bitrates? ( in theory DPS isnt the limiting factor here, it looks like write speeds are too slow )

So please, tell me, is posible to increase the bitrate? videos still looking to pixelated, my old Samsung H1 run at 15mbps at HD 720P and has lower hardware ( nand/microSD speed sucks ).

So please, i need an answer, i really can sleep! xD

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle