Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
As I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, that time has arrived that I upgrade, I have to choose between Lumia 1020 or GS4, as much as I love Nokia products, I just may take the Android first time in my life...... Having used my friend's Note II for some days, the availability of Apps and Speed really got me hooked..... Especially Banking Apps which I use the most in business.... Now I noticed Lumia still lacks this type of Apps, I love the camera though.... And I don't have enough faith in Jolla, banking apps etc..
SGS4 even have IR, it's the successor of n900

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
snip ...

5) I cannot scroll the feeds without constantly hitting them as links.

... snip
Rather than "tap" the screen, hold it on the glass - then move your finger / thumb

Why don't you consider buying a BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 (or wait a little bit until the larger Z30 is available)? It is incredibly fast, the UI is very well-thought, the Hub combined with the best virtual keyboard make the phone very, very efficient. It just feels great, especially with the recent software updates. Not to mention how great it feels to be away from The Google Network...

And if you really need more apps, you can still load most Android apps. And the best thing: MeeRun has been ported (it is called CascaRun)

The Following User Says Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Just when I'm about to get an upgrade, some sucker rocks up at my shop and steals my N9, was really looking forward to using it as a 2nd phone

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
Since I don't have the luxury of money, I have to either wait for a chance to upgrade (which is probably when my N9 dies) or have to swap it off for another phone.

That being said, I am disgusted at how people in my country (yes) underrate the N9 and its Harmattan UX, not considering it on par with other 2010-2011 model 2nd hand Android phones. Yes, there are apps and limitations, but asking me for a swap of my N9 complete with box and other stuff + 70 USD (which is ~3000 bucks in my place) for your measly Android unit ONLY is overkill. And the fact that it is Nokia, they dislike it.

OT: Why wouldn't just Nokia break off the MS Deal, then go to creating Android phones? =_= Let's see how it would go you ******* /rant.

(You guys won't get a good UX as this!)

That being said, I'm thinking if I should swap my N9 to an Incredible S (because even the S2 price is too high). I've become attached to the Harmattan UI (and to the Organizer Feed :P), but I think it's time to move on.

The Z10 has now the same price as the S2 and some parts of the UI will remind you of the Harmattan UX. I personally cannot understand the love for Android phones, that's the most boring system I have ever seen...

Originally Posted by n0x View Post
Since I don't have the luxury of money, I have to either wait for a chance to upgrade (which is probably when my N9 dies) or have to swap it off for another phone.

That being said, I am disgusted at how people in my country (yes) underrate the N9 and its Harmattan UX, not considering it on par with other 2010-2011 model 2nd hand Android phones. Yes, there are apps and limitations, but asking me for a swap of my N9 complete with box and other stuff + 70 USD (which is ~3000 bucks in my place) for your measly Android unit ONLY is overkill. And the fact that it is Nokia, they dislike it.

OT: Why wouldn't just Nokia break off the MS Deal, then go to creating Android phones? =_= Let's see how it would go you ******* /rant.

(You guys won't get a good UX as this!)

That being said, I'm thinking if I should swap my N9 to an Incredible S (because even the S2 price is too high). I've become attached to the Harmattan UI (and to the Organizer Feed :P), but I think it's time to move on.

The Following User Says Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
I would, if I could buy/swap for it... :/ it's just messed up here.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
The Z10 has now the same price as the S2 and some parts of the UI will remind you of the Harmattan UX. I personally cannot understand the love for Android phones, that's the most boring system I have ever seen...
Both iOS and Android are boring! Love the BB10, the native software are very elegant. But it's not as tweakable as Harmattan. Also I missed a physical QWERTY + Large screen combination on N950, I wish BB can release a slider this year.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If you want something that works well and reliably go for iphone or LUMIAs....if you want to tinker go with everything else