Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
AT&T has announced the availability of three new Windows 8 smartphones. Beginning 9 November, AT&T customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 920 for USD 99.99 and the Nokia Lumia 820 for USD 49.99, with both devices available for pre-order beginning 7 November. Before Thanksgiving, customers will be able to purchase the Windows phone 8X by HTC with 16GB of memory for USD 199.99 and the Windows Phone 8X by HTC with 8GB of memory in California Blue and Limelight (yellow) for USD 99.99.

The Nokia Lumia 920 features an 8.7-inch megapixel camera with floating lens technology, a 2,000 mAh battery, built-in wireless charging capabilities, a 4.5-inch PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, a sensitive touchscreen that allows users to type with fingernails or while wearing gloves and is available in red, white, black, yellow and cyan.

The Nokia Lumia 820 smartphone also features a ClearBlack display with sensitive touchscreen and supports exchangeable shells that enable wireless charging. It comes equipped with Nokia Drive, Nokia Music, Nokia City Lens and is available in black.

The Windows Phone 8X by HTC features a 4.3-inch 720p HD display, a 2.1-megapixel, 88 degree, ultra-wide front-facing camera, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture, a 3.5mm audio jack and speaker and comes equipped with Beats Audio technology.

Source

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Also the Lumia 920 on AT&T will be $450 outright...

I wonder how much Nokia is making from this as its pretty low for the specs...

AT&T is also offering a free wireless charging plate with the purchase of the Lumia 920, which is worth about $80 according to an estimate from Greengart, who used previous wireless chargers as a benchmark

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Also the Lumia 920 on AT&T will be $450 outright...

I wonder how much Nokia is making from this as its pretty low for the specs...
They are trying to rebuild the US customer base. Volumes are more important to the company than profits ATM

Pricing for HTC's 8X: 199 USD. Definitely Lumia 920 gets the advantage.

This is cheap as dirt! I wish this deal were good at TMobile. Aaaaaarrrrrrhhhh! I am tempted, but AT&T is a royal pain. Man, and you get the charging pad thrown in for free? There are so many good deals out there, like this one and the Nexus 4. Merry Christmas to me!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow. That is dirt cheap. I think Canadian version is pentaband, if you can it from there. I will check it put in AT&T store on Friday. If good, I will buy it.

Its a rip off.

Here we get most phones for free on an equivalent contract, sometimes even cheaper.

Buy it outright and do a non-contract month by month service, cheaper and better for the consumer.

I'm flattered

Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X will be available at Rogers on November 12

Microsoft’s Canadian arm has announced, via Facebook, that Rogers will start selling both the Nokia Lumia 920 and the HTC 8X on November 12 – so this coming Monday.

Rogers has already shipped some Lumia 920 units out to people who had pre-reserved them, but November 12 will represent the date when general availability of Nokia’s new flagship will start at the Canadian carrier.

Since Bell is releasing the HTC 8X on November 15, it looks like Rogers will have a three-day exclusive on that device.

To get a Lumia 920 from Rogers, you’ll need to part with $99.99 and sign a three-year contract. Alternatively, you could pay the full price of $549.99. The HTC 8X hasn’t been priced by Rogers just yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:

Tags
wgaf dawg