Poll: Would you buy N950 if it is available for purchase?
Poll Options
Would you buy N950 if it is available for purchase?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
Maybe the successor of the N950. N1000?

I usually use my phones for several years and I'm fine with my n900! If need a new phone bevore there in an n1000 or whatever i'll buy one.

So I didn't vote.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Maybe the successor of the N950. N1000?

I usually use my phones for several years and I'm fine with my n900! If need a new phone bevore there in an n1000 or whatever i'll buy one.

So I didn't vote.
So you next phone will be a WP7 for sure

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
I do hope that there is an N950-like update after the N9, tho I'm not counting on it.
If i remember correctly, they said there won't be any more Meego devices even if N9 will be successful. Though, It won't surprise me if it won't be the last, considering how many times now they changed their plans.

Personally, i hope someone else will pick up Meego as i'm done with Nokia, at least until their plans become more "permanent". With all this strategy switching they don't even have a working platform now, only WP7 somewhere in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silvarum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Bahh, who needs N950, I already have N95, it's just like N950 without the 0. And what is 0? 0 is nothing. so really I'm missing nothing. N95

Wow, that keyboard layout looks perfect! And 960x540 you say? And OMAP4? I'm almost sold already.

How hackable are droids? Is it likely that MeeGo could eventually run on one of these?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i want a new hardware with qwerty keyboard faster cpu and bigger ram but not a new OS. i want maemo 5, not meego...

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i want a new hardware with qwerty keyboard faster cpu and bigger ram but not a new OS. i want maemo 5, not meego...
Well, the reality is that you can't have that, no one's making it and no one will. So you can stay with the OS you like and the hardware you have until it dies (and I know what I'm talking about, my mobile computer is still an N810 thank you very much), but eventually you'll have to move on to something else :-(

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Wow, that keyboard layout looks perfect! And 960x540 you say? And OMAP4? I'm almost sold already.

How hackable are droids? Is it likely that MeeGo could eventually run on one of these?
That is the "950" dollar question nowdays! For me it does not have to run MeeGo but I would like to know if some of my favorite apps that I use on the n900 could somehow be ported to the Droid 3. For example I like to use cutetube. Coud that be made to run on the Droid 3. Catorise helps organize things nicely. How about easy debian and having the debian repositories availble and so on. I wish we could use all these great apps on other devices so that we are not limited to one manufacturer. To me that is doing things more in the spirit of linux. It is probably alot easier said than done.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
That is the "950" dollar question nowdays! For me it does not have to run MeeGo but I would like to know if some of my favorite apps that I use on the n900 could somehow be ported to the Droid 3. For example I like to use cutetube. Coud that be made to run on the Droid 3. Catorise helps organize things nicely. How about easy debian and having the debian repositories availble and so on. I wish we could use all these great apps on other devices so that we are not limited to one manufacturer. To me that is doing things more in the spirit of linux. It is probably alot easier said than done.
Most of those applications have equal or better equivalents on Android and i think you can run Debian in some chroot manner as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Most of those applications have equal or better equivalents on Android and i think you can run Debian in some chroot manner as well.
This I would like to see. If you are familiar with android can you say which apps are similar? Also are there Debian repositories that have code compiled for the processor on the Droid 3 (TI OMAP 4430)? I stopped by a verizon store today and they had a display model there for show (not a model that is working). It is is noticeably bigger than the N900 but interestingly the keyboard had a similar feel to N900 (at least to me). I thought the lip on the right hand side would make it feel odd but you don't notice it because it easily fits in the cup of your hand. Anyways, the real thing will show up next week. I will have a closer look then. The funny thing for me is that NOKIA did not have to hit a home run to get me to to buy a new phone from them. I just wanted them to provide something like the N900 with more ram, cpu speed and a bigger screen. The N950 would have been perfect. Now I wait to see if N9 with external keyboard will work or look elsewhere. Really disappointed about this situation.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
hwkbftw, nokia n950, take my moneys!