Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I will also make a fresh install with multirom and report bugs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I will also make a fresh install with multirom and report bugs.
When upgrading from 2.1.3.7 please follow the instructions in these posts:

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=345

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=348

I messed up my build system, so i can not offer new inages at the moment. But maybe it would be a good idea for 3.0.0.5 to switch from CM13 base to 14.1 or higher...

I ordered my spare parts so i can test things by myself in the future.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
mmm, so you think it won't be feasible/more convenient to update the CM13? If you need someone to test new things with the CM14 count me

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
I've flashed CM13 + SFOS 2.1.3.7 and it went fine. Updated to 2.2.0.29 following Mautz suggestions but wifi was not turning on anymore when the update was finished, I reflashed the sensorfix and now I got a bootloop. I'll try again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@ minimec

Could you please test if creating the following file
Code:
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/sensorfw/blob/master/config/60-sensors-DEVICE.conf
in /etc/sensorfw/sensord.conf.d/ and set the corresponding sensors to true fixes the sensors problem?
@mautz

SUCCESS! What would we do without you!

Indeed you need to create the file you mentioned and activate the sensors (see here)

So I have a fully working current SailfishOS version on the Nexus5! Mille grazie!!!

There is one thing I don't really like: You seem to have tuned the default max volume settings in the CM13 port. For me these settings are too loud. I have some clipping in my speaker. Would it be possible to tell me where I can modify these settings? THX in advance...

But maybe it would be a good idea for 3.0.0.5 to switch from CM13 base to 14.1 or higher...
As silly as it sounds I would take into consideration to work on a fully up-to-date CM12 port again. Why that? Well the guys of ubports still work on a cm12 base for Ubuntu Touch on the Nexus 5, and the main developers all own one. We could align with them and their work. They are working on an patched kernel for anbox, for example.
Also we would have video recording back! The ubports team is working on bug fixes for the camera. We could probably benefit from their work.
Also in the future we could have a common Halium base for the android part of the two Operating Systems. Wouldn't that be cool?

I am in loose contact with them, as I have a Ubuntu Touch (OTA5) image running for testing. It's a small but relly cool developer team. And they made huge progress.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
mmm, so you think it won't be feasible/more convenient to update the CM13?
@claustn
A fresh install + upgrade to the current 2.2.1.18 release shouldn't be that hard.

!!! NOTE: Do not use that tutorial on working images that you use daily. Work in Progress. !!!

1. CM13 + SailfishOS installation
Follow instructions on page 1 of this thread

2. Upgrade to next 'stop release' 2.2.0.29 + current 2.2.1.18

UPDATE!!! There is an issue with networking after the 2.2.0.29 upgrade. The problem needs some investigation!

UPDATE!!! After multiple tries to get Wifi working after the 2.2.0.29 upgrade, I tried something that is 'so wrong'(!), and it worked. I did both upgrades without rebooting. I repeat that this is 'so wrong', but it seems to work. So I adapted the howto accordingly...

Note: I use a pc/phone USB connection (developer mode: 'ssh nemo@192.168.2.15')
OPTIONAL: In case you have 3rd-party repositories enabled, disable them all in the Storeman application.

Code:
devel-su

## Upgrade to 2.2.0.29

ssu dr adaptation-community

ssu lr # OPTIONAL: Verify that 'adaptiation-community' is disabled

ssu ar adaptation-community-hammerhead http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz/sailfishos_2.2.0.29/

ssu lr # OPTIONAL: verify 'adaptation-community-hammerhead'

ssu release 2.2.0.29

pkcon refresh

version --dup

DO NOT REBOOT!!! In case you use lost the pc/phone-USB connection, wait about 10 minutes, then unplug/replug the cable and ssh into the device again.

## upgrade to 2.2.1.28

ssu dr adaptation-community # Just to be sure... ;)

ssu lr # OPTIONAL: Verify that 'adaptiation-community' is disabled

ssu ar adaptation-community-hammerhead http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/sfos-latest/sailfishos/

ssu lr # OPTIONAL: verify 'adaptation-community-hammerhead'

ssu release 2.2.1.18

pkcon refresh

version --dup

reboot

3. Enable sensors

UPDATE!!! Sensors bug still present. The sensors are not working! Work in progress...

4. Optional: Replace bt-sleep-monitor script
I made a new Bluetooth sleep monitor script... (Feedback would be welcome)
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=310

Last edited by minimec; 2018-11-08 at 14:15.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@minimec

I didn't change anything in pulseaudio settings, but alot of things have changed since my last builds...i'll investigate what is new in the audio section.

EDIT: I have updated the pulseaudio packages(pulseaudio-modules-droid-glue and pulseaudio-modules-droid) to the latest version. Could you install them and see if the clipping is still there?

The 60-sensors-hammerhead.conf is now integrated in my configs so sensors should work out of the box after updating. Thanks for your help.

Can i replace your old bt script with the new one in my configs?

Regarding cm12.1, i'm not sure if this base is still completely supported by libhybris, the adaptation layer between android an SFOS, so i'll ask some people in #sailfish-porters about this.

Now let's wait for the new SDK, to bring 3.0.0.5 to the Nexus 5.

Last edited by mautz; 2018-11-07 at 20:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the instructions.

I have tried a few times to upgrade to 2.2.0.29 from a fresh install 2.1.3.7, but always it stucks at Google logo page.

Anything missing?

Thanks.

Last edited by pi.3.141etc@gmail.com; 2018-11-08 at 03:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pi.3.141etc@gmail.com For This Useful Post:
@minimec

I didn't change anything in pulseaudio settings, but alot of things have changed since my last builds...i'll investigate what is new in the audio section.

EDIT: I have updated the pulseaudio packages(pulseaudio-modules-droid-glue and pulseaudio-modules-droid) to the latest version. Could you install them and see if the clipping is still there?

The 60-sensors-hammerhead.conf is now integrated in my configs so sensors should work out of the box after updating. Thanks for your help.

Can i replace your old bt script with the new one in my configs?

Regarding cm12.1, i'm not sure if this base is still completely supported by libhybris, the adaptation layer between android an SFOS, so i'll ask some people in #sailfish-porters about this.

Now let's wait for the new SDK, to bring 3.0.0.5 to the Nexus 5.
Followed the instructions but I am in the same situation as before:
while updating to 2.2.0.29, after waiting some time when it disconnects from the usb ssh I reboot, Sailfish boots but wifi nor mobile data works, so I can't go on with the update if needed. So, it seems the update didn't finish or something went wrong.
What can I do now?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Followed the instructions but I am in the same situation as before:
while updating to 2.2.0.29, after waiting some time when it disconnects from the usb ssh I reboot, Sailfish boots but wifi nor mobile data works, so I can't go on with the update if needed. So, it seems the update didn't finish or something went wrong.
What can I do now?
Unfortunately I have to confirm that! Interesting part is that I did not have that problem when upgrading from 2.1.4.15 to 2.2.0.29. And sadly it is no longer possible to upgrade from 2.1.3.7 to 2.1.4.15 before upgrading to 2.2.0.19.

I will try to investigate the problem. I must have to do something with 'connman'.

Originally Posted by pi.3.141etc@gmail.com View Post
I have tried a few times to upgrade to 2.2.0.29 from a fresh install 2.1.3.7, but always it stucks at Google logo page.Thanks.
I cannot confirm that with a multirom installation. The upgrade runs fine, even though I lose pc/phone connection at a certain point, and the device does boot correctly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post: