Active Topics

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Sorry to be the one to have to start this, but there isn't a thread yet so it has to be done.

Opinions
Comparisons to closest rival (HTC Desire?)
comparisons to N900

For the looks of it, it seems to be a real step forward. Even if you don't like it, you have to agree it's still really good for the whole smart phone market as it raises the bar yet again.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Wouldn't its nearest rival be the HTC 4G Evo?

Edit: Noticed in the keynotes that people are writing that Jobs said its the thinnest ever. Is it thinner than the new Droid Shadow (I don't know the size of either of them)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Looks good. I won't lie. If AT&T had less crappy plans, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

But then again, I feel like this when a new Apple product gets announced. Jobs just sounds so convincing

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Edit: Noticed in the keynotes that people are writing that Jobs said its the thinnest ever. Is it thinner than the new Droid Shadow (I don't know the size of either of them)
It might not be but seeing as Motorola haven't officially announced, I guess Steve Jobs just took the opportunity

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The screen alone has my attention. And yeah... I would compare it to the HTC 4G EVO first, not really a comparison the the N900.

the device looks slick and expensive, wish it was loaded with maemo 5 or meego tho

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
i guess with it being leaked so much i'm meh towards it.

not to mention it's featurs aren't all that impressive.
imo i'd rather have the evo

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
The screen seems amazing, but Steve's hyping it up too much again. For years, they had the worst resolution by far, and no one cared. Now when they're slightly better on that feature, it's a huge deal. It's not like the competition's 8??x480 is noticeably pixelated.

Still love it, though. I hope MeeGo gets something similar.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I am with the "meh" crowd as well.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
The announced Netflix app makes me

a) laugh (as long as the iPhone is locked to AT&T there's not much use for it on AT&T's 3G network
b) hopeful that Android (and possibly Meego in the future) will get it.

Imagine how beautiful it would be to stream from Netflix to a device with an HDMI out port like the HTC 4G Evo has.

Nevertheless, good for iPhone users though. Probably will get their most use of it at some place with a WiFi spot though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever