Does anyone have a sealed box Nokia N9. I've been looking for quite some time, and every time I order from Amazon and Ebay, i get an opened box item described as new and phone looks tampered with. So please if anyone has one sealed box, please let me know.

Last edited by vartanarsen; 2014-01-11 at 18:58.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
I bought mine from Handtec and although I had to get it replaced twice I would recommend them for the way they handled this.

FWIW, I don't recall any of the units being completely sealed.

The first unit was unstable, after a proper flash the 64gb partition went down to 10gb or something silly! The display on the second wasn't glued down fully, had too much play and creeked a little. They initially wanted me to arrange the return but it didn't take much for them to arrange collection.

During this process confusion at my work reception with 2 sets of couriers resulted in them receiving an E7 (intended for Anovo, AKA Nokia Repair) instead of a faulty N9. Only took a brief phone call to Handtec to ensure their logistics department were made aware and promptly returned this back to me, after which they collected the 2nd N9, no charge.

Side note: The reason that I was in brief possession of an E7 was as a result of my N900's USB port popping out, just within the warranty period! Anovo sent me an E7 without prior notice, stating N900 no longer available and E7 is the nearest equivalent. After I rang them to state the obvious BS, both in respect of equivalent and availability and reminding them of my consumer rights, that I elected to use their warranty, they managed to source an N900 within minutes! I now have a Jolla phone but my N900 is still used daily for streaming radio inc. last.fm and podcasts and SSH terminal access when required for the likes of Jolla, N9 and Linux based sat box (Vu+ Duo).

Don't be silly, buy a jolla phone

Hate the size of Jolla. N9 is perfect fit in hand and pocket…

Is it reasonable to expect a sealed box of a phone that isn't on sale any more? Mine didn't come sealed 2.5 years ago, but had your typical Nokia sticker.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
I just bought this one here, seller seems to have a few more in stock (that will probably change after I posted here ^^)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

I asked about the condition, and he replied:

Hello my friend
I sell all my clients only new and original product in original packaging!
You get the product directly from the manufacturer!
Thank you and good day.

So I hope I will receive a brand new unicorn, or I was just scammed for 250 Euros.

Originally Posted by B3Punch3D View Post
Don't be silly, buy a jolla phone
Don't be silly, trash Jolla and pre-order Neo900
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Is it reasonable to expect a sealed box of a phone that isn't on sale any more? Mine didn't come sealed 2.5 years ago, but had your typical Nokia sticker.
from what i remember.. mine was sealed and also had that nokia sticker

in either case, i also doubt there would be any sealed n9's... its been almost three years and its no longer manufactured..

unless they are just sealing up old n9's to make it seem brand new

Originally Posted by dommau View Post
I just bought this one here, seller seems to have a few more in stock (that will probably change after I posted here ^^)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

I asked about the condition, and he replied:

Hello my friend
I sell all my clients only new and original product in original packaging!
You get the product directly from the manufacturer!
Thank you and good day.

So I hope I will receive a brand new unicorn, or I was just scammed for 250 Euros.
OK thanks..please post what you get from this seller)))

I bought mine a couple months ago from this seller on the bay of fleas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-N9-64G...E:L:OU:US:3160

It was unused, kuwait region. Screen doesn't work well in cold weather but otherwise it's been fine.