Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi, I installed ogg support to my n900, and loaded an album (.oga) to music folder. Mediaplayer doesn't show it there and is not playing it.

However when I browse the album through files and select a song from the album mediaplayer is playing it nicely.

Is there a way to make an ogg-album 'visible' to mediaplayer so I could play them directly from it?

Wouldn't really like to transform my oggs to mp3...

Cheers.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
From the source of ogg-support I can see that it simply does not register the mimetype audio/ogg. You can report this as a bug here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Rebooting the device may help. I see no problems with Ogg in the media player on my N900. But the extension of my Oggs is .ogg, not .oga, if that makes a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Rebooting the device may help. I see no problems with Ogg in the media player on my N900. But the extension of my Oggs is .ogg, not .oga, if that makes a difference.
Thanks, the extension was the problem. I renamed the songs from .oga to .ogg and everything is cool now.

I'm wondering if I should still report a bug, because my rythmbox seems to rip my cds to Ogg with oga extension, and .oga recognition would be handy...? But maybe that's not necessary...

Thanks and cheers

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
From the source of ogg-support I can see that it simply does not register the mimetype audio/ogg. You can report this as a bug here.
It only needs to register application/ogg as that is what the gstreamer typefinder will typefind it as.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
It only needs to register application/ogg as that is what the gstreamer typefinder will typefind it as.
But it doesn't find *.oga files, which is the recommended filetype for Vorbis audio files. The *.ogg container will be replaced with *.ogx AFAIK: http://wiki.xiph.org/MIME_Types_and_..._-_audio.2Fogg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
And they wonder why no one uses OGG for music.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
But it doesn't find *.oga files, which is the recommended filetype for Vorbis audio files. The *.ogg container will be replaced with *.ogx AFAIK: http://wiki.xiph.org/MIME_Types_and_..._-_audio.2Fogg
Yes, so I think you are right.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
And they wonder why no one uses OGG for music.
what a strange comment. XIPH is just following the same standard as the MP4 format and the WM format

M4A, audio only
M4B, audio books
M4V, video
MP4, container

WMA, audio
WMV; video

OGA, audio
OGG, container
OGV, video

The Following User Says Thank You to kat_ams For This Useful Post:
wow ive been using ogg for years on all types of devices and have never ever heard of .oga or .ogv

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2009-12-22 at 03:33.

Tags
maemo 5, tracker