There have been lots of spam lately. I suggest using some kind of captcha and giving moderation rights to few people at different time zones, before this board is spammed useless.

And maybe Mike Cane's live 770 blog from blog page shouldn't be sticky any more.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Invicta
There have been lots of spam lately. I suggest using some kind of captcha and giving moderation rights to few people at different time zones, before this board is spammed useless.

And maybe Mike Cane's live 770 blog from blog page shouldn't be sticky any more.
Agree on both counts - suspect RogerS must be on vacation as he doesn't seem to be around right now (still no news item on OS 2006 being released!)

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Hey Admin - sort it out.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure if bots are the culprits, captcha wouldn't be 100% effective. Good that people aren't replying so the threads sink quickly.

Yes, if there is a captcha hack for vBulletin, we have installed it already.

Right now, there's no good way to stop those bots from spamming. The only best way now is to report those threads so the moderators get notified by email.

We'll still look for a solution.

Thanks.

Ok, I added a small hack to sort of block SPAM postings.

There is a blacklist file of links that is manually maintained, so, if the system doesn't catch new generation of spam posts, please report them so we can add them manually to the list.

Thanks.

This post http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...9615#post19615 is real, but automatically classified as spam, obviously de to the fact that it contains a link to flickr?