Active Topics

Notices

Has there been any movement on this front? I've managed to dig up the bug tracker entry for this https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6456 but am yet to see it resolved.

I'd prefer not to keep two copies of my music collection in both *.ogg for the n900 and *.oga for my PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshgillies For This Useful Post:
Here's a work-around: after you copy the *.oga files to your N900, open the X-terminal and run something like this to rename all *.oga files to *.ogg.

# UNTESTED

find / -name "*.oga" -exec rename .oga .ogg '{}' \;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacktanner For This Useful Post:
jacktanner, thanks for the reply!

This much I was aware of, and in the past I had used a similar method to rename all my music files from .oga to .ogg.

I just wish it wasn't an issue. I am yet to dig into the source - but imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to add support for one additional file format. Right?

The Following User Says Thank You to joshgillies For This Useful Post:
hi!

while installing ogg-spport I noticed that it calls this:
Code:
tracker-update-ontology -c Music -a audio/x-vorbis+ogg -a audio/x-flac+ogg -a audio/x-flac -a application/ogg
I guess it should be sufficient to call something like this to enable oga support
Code:
tracker-update-ontology -c Music -a audio/x-vorbis+oga -a audio/x-flac+oga -a audio/x-flac -a application/oga
I have not tested it though as all my software rips ogg as ogg...

good luck

Btw: for everyone whose ogg support is broken by the PR 1.3 update. just reinstall ogg-support via apt-get or call the above comman to re-register ogg support in media player. reinstalling ogg-support through the app manager might not work due to other programs depending on ogg-support.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this post, that solved my media player problem I had since PR1.3. Now I finally see my ogg files again

The Following User Says Thank You to eagle_linux For This Useful Post:
bash: tracker-update-ontology: command not found

btw, is Vorbis support in N900 DSP-accelerated as AAC- and MP3-decoders are?

Any way to check this somehow on system, trace calls to dspbridge or so?

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
bash: tracker-update-ontology: command not found
The message from /usr/bin/tracker-register-mimetype is buggy: the command is update-tracker-ontology, not tracker-update-ontology. On my N900, update-tracker-ontology crashes, but the real problem seems to come from the tracker-files utility, which has a ridiculous limit of 512 files (though I didn't have any such problem before the PR1.3 upgrade). See my comment 6 in bug 11511.

The Following User Says Thank You to vinc17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Thank you. Reinstalling ogg-support fixed the issue of not-seeing ogg and flac files - which I got after messing with media art.

Tags
maemo 5, tracker