Notices

I am using Orb for streaming media off of my computer. I was wondering if the Nokia 770 can accept .asx streams. This is what Orb uses to stream video. I don't have one yet to try it out. Thanks for any help.

Actually now that I checked the website, Orb will stream video in three formats including Real so the 770 should support it. Has anyone tried Orb yet?

Well I thought I would give Orb a try - trouble is I'm at work at the moment but I remote desktoped to home and installed and set things up.

Firstly I tried receiving the asx stream on my laptop to ensure the 256K ADSL up stream bandwidth would be ok and yes it was fine.

Then I tried pointing my 770 to the stream and yes it did receive the broadcast but it was pausing every few secs to re-buffer the stream - now I think this is probably caused by the fact my only wireless access at work is peer to peer with my laptop and bridging the wireless to the LAN for the internet access. My past experiences with this are that it always seems very slow.

I will try at home tonight with a direct wireless connection but at least I know the 770 will play/receive a stream from Orb.

Buzz

Originally Posted by buzzlightyear
Well I thought I would give Orb a try - trouble is I'm at work at the moment but I remote desktoped to home and installed and set things up.

Firstly I tried receiving the asx stream on my laptop to ensure the 256K ADSL up stream bandwidth would be ok and yes it was fine.

Then I tried pointing my 770 to the stream and yes it did receive the broadcast but it was pausing every few secs to re-buffer the stream - now I think this is probably caused by the fact my only wireless access at work is peer to peer with my laptop and bridging the wireless to the LAN for the internet access. My past experiences with this are that it always seems very slow.

I will try at home tonight with a direct wireless connection but at least I know the 770 will play/receive a stream from Orb.

Buzz
i have been able to get it to stream audio to the device, but everytime i try video or a live tv stream, it says connection lost. also, how did you get it to read a .asx stream. i thought the device uses a version of Real Player.
thanks!

I have been able to view pictures, listen to audio, but video does not work for some reason. When it trys to play video, it says file format not supported. The file is a .ram file. I don't know why it would not be supported. I tried the 3GP version, but I get the same response. I don't know why it won't work.
In tools, you can set what type of media the device supports.

The Following User Says Thank You to DCForever For This Useful Post: