Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Why don't you (two) guys do it with the source of your own project(s) first, instead of always thinking suggesting things helps?
So we can have two competing proyects aiming at the same thing, instead of joining our efforts for that?

Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
I really did not want to litter this development thread with a non development post but this ridiculous amount impatience among the members here is really annoying.

Its his code, his dedication and time put into the project. Whatever he chooses to do with it is up to him. If it wasn't for him there wouldn't be this glimmer of hope we have atm. Just let him be. There's also these pointless sly "encouragement" posts that ask for an eta/update. Its sickening honestly.

This thread was initially created to discuss the development as the old thread became littered with pointless posts and its happening again here... sometimes I just don't understand people. I almost hope he stops development just to spite those impatient people even though I need the app.

I will not post in this thread again unless I have something to assist with his development.
you cant prevent these ppl
everytime there must someone being impatient
especially this app is very demanding
also some of them might donate money and they would like to know about the progress. For these ppl, i think they are reasonable to ask so. At least they have contributed to the project

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
1) Donations are given without return consideration. Nobody should expect anything in return for a donation. If tgalal so chooses to provide an update as to what's going on with the project, good, otherwise, don't go about with the idea that updates are expected.

2) Putting source on github (or similar) - for a project that is obviously as popular as this, I'd think this would at best improve development times by a hair... and cause other problems. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has an N9 and has opened the command prompt before will assume that they have the knowhow to compile/install the source; and when the vast majority fail, this thread will then be populated by that vast majority expecting support/a .deb file for each nightly release/etc.

IMHO, the project is best left as is. The project is tgalal's, the updates should come on his terms, and assuming he does need/want help with the code, he can easily ask for it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
ffs this is a dev thread so leave it alone. If I were admin for this forum I would take away your permission to even visit this thread!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
1) Donations are given without return consideration. Nobody should expect anything in return for a donation. If tgalal so chooses to provide an update as to what's going on with the project, good, otherwise, don't go about with the idea that updates are expected.

2) Putting source on github (or similar) - for a project that is obviously as popular as this, I'd think this would at best improve development times by a hair... and cause other problems. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has an N9 and has opened the command prompt before will assume that they have the knowhow to compile/install the source; and when the vast majority fail, this thread will then be populated by that vast majority expecting support/a .deb file for each nightly release/etc.

IMHO, the project is best left as is. The project is tgalal's, the updates should come on his terms, and assuming he does need/want help with the code, he can easily ask for it.
This, exactly. Thanks for concatenating my thoughts

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
What about the rights of watsapp?
You have permission from whatsapp to make the app for
the Nokia N9 i think.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
This is a development thread anyway...

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post

The Following User Says Thank You to lazyfai For This Useful Post:
this is a total fiasco .. everyone says that patience but Tgalal plane and not a sample advance, who is developing it, "according to" just wants money u.u

There is a new version for S40 out (Version 2.3.18).

http://ul.to/x0ehv35m

i know this is a free time project.. but the progress is slow.. i think tgalal need to release a first version of this project (to calm down the people and show them that isn't an hoax..) just with the most basic features i think the most important is:
* create your whatsapp account (throught account manager) like fb or msn account
*conversation 1 on 1
*plugin or app running in background
*edit your status online/offline

the others features( like groups or share images, etc) can be done later in a next version, and with this people will donate more money (because like me if i don't see anything i will don't donate), just my point of view, any way keep the good work

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnsnipe For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls