Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by hudzilla View Post
Go to the LoadSettings() function in BPGame.cpp and add this line at the top:

AllTestScores.Clear();

It should fix the problem.
It does, thanks!

Moose32: if you can't unlock secrets, that's definitely a bug. Can anyone else unlock secrets?
I couldn't unlock any either.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Awesome little game my favorite so far wheres the donate button.
I have been addicted to this little gem on the train for 3 hours. Still can't unlock any sercrets.Maybe a bug like the others have said but on the screen shots it shows unlocked sercrets.

Hey!

Hmm... this secrets unlocking bug is strange. To be clear: you need to score at least 450g in one of Balloon Blaster, Jewel Jam, Odd One Out or Untangler in either test mode or practise mode. Once you do that, you should see a congratulations screen and unlock a secret.

In the meantime, if you'd like to unlock all the secrets and minigames all at once so you can actually test them all, there's a simple cheat code in the following text:

On the main menu, click the professor five times. On the options screen, click him another five times. Now go to Play > Results > Credits and click him once there - you should see an unlocked message. Note that it's irreversible: you need to delete your .brainparty file to reset the game.

casper27: it's very kind of you to offer to donate. I didn't do the Maemo port, just the game itself plus a few subsequent bug fixes, which muddies things a little

I think we're on the road to getting this thing sorted out once and for all.

Paul

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hudzilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Hey!

Hmm... this secrets unlocking bug is strange. To be clear: you need to score at least 450g in one of Balloon Blaster, Jewel Jam, Odd One Out or Untangler in either test mode or practise mode. Once you do that, you should see a congratulations screen and unlock a secret.
Yep i've tested this as well, i've managed 500g scores on Balloon Blaster and Odd One Out multiple times and it displays an A* score, but no secret unlock.
The cheat mode you've specified does however work fine, and unlocks all of the secrets correctly.

Does anyone know what version of GCC is used for N900?

does anyone know what version of gcc is used for n900?

------------------------

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
OK, I think I've fixed the problem where secrets weren't being unlocked: download the latest (unpatched for Maemo) build from http://www.tuxradar.com/files/brainp...ty0.591.tar.gz - if that fixes the secrets bug and the slowdown bug, then I think we're good to go.

Paul

The Following User Says Thank You to hudzilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
kudo's for releasing the source and for helping with bug fixing the port. i'm very impressed with the quality of this game. i'd like to see how you'd make a tower defense style game considering how good the puzzles are on this. i like these brain trainer games and tower defense games so thank you for this as i've been waiting a while for something like this to play on this device.

just a note. has anyone else got square patches appear on the menu or other screens of random colours? it's like it bugged out on drawing a random small section and filled it with colours. doesn't happen often but has happened a few times. i think this is more a device bug then game as i've had it happen on the microb browser where the whole page did it.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Smeg: Never.

ETA: Ooooh, found my problem with baloons. Black baloons explode, I thought they were dead weight. I'm up to A++ now

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-04-14 at 13:56.

Hey!

I haven't heard back from anyone about the changes that were made, so I've gone ahead and released the new version to the public. It's now available under version control from Launchpad at https://launchpad.net/brainparty - once we can be sure the N900 port is stable, I'll merge it in.

Paul

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hudzilla For This Useful Post: