Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
There is been many discussions on Linux forums about systemd and a fare number of Linux distributions are staying with init and not going with systemd.
More recently Debian has forked. The official version of Debian has systemd while the forked version does not.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/260...pocalypse.html
What has this to do with this thread? Stop spreading FUD about systemd. Besides, you are several years too late. Articles such as this were written in anger and fear over unknown changes. But if the world doesn't develop, it stagnates. We can't be afraid of change. Change is always good. There is no harm done with systemd and you can continue to use the free (libre) and open source GNU/Linux system with or without systemd. Don't be afraid, there are much worse things in the world, such as binary driver blobs for smart phones

Edit. Besides, that article (and other) has been proven wrong many times since it was written. Systemd is not a poor implementation, it is a very successful and really good implementation that has been embraced by almost all linux distributions just because of those qualities. As the article stands today, it could as well have been written by a lunatic that doesn't believe in the moon landings.

Last edited by jukk; 2017-04-21 at 08:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Sailfish Mobile OS RUS is not for average customers (yet?), so no details can be shared to public, sorry
No need to share.

So it is basically bransched in some way. Thats bad. Developed in the dark. Thats bad.
How could anyone trust it when its totally deviloped in the dark. GL with that.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No need to share.

So it is basically bransched in some way.
How could anyone trust it when its totally deviloped in the dark. GL with that.
Don't worry, average customer like you can NEVER access any closed part of Sailfish Mobile OS RUS. You can not trust, because you will never have an opportunity to use this OS.

Became a partner, place a supply order, sign many legal stuff. Only then you can know all information you need.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Became a partner, place a supply order, sign many legal stuff. Only then you can know all information you need
Where do I sign?

This Sounds like an OS developers around the world would like to help. Not. Sailfish moves in complete wrong direction from what I thought. Even more closed than Apple?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
What has this to do with this thread? Stop spreading FUD about systemd. Besides, you are several years too late. Articles such as this were written in anger and fear over unknown changes. But if the world doesn't develop, it stagnates. We can't be afraid of change. Change is always good. There is no harm done with systemd and you can continue to use the free (libre) and open source GNU/Linux system with or without systemd. Don't be afraid, there are much worse things in the world, such as binary driver blobs for smart phones

Edit. Besides, that article (and other) has been proven wrong many times since it was written. Systemd is not a poor implementation, it is a very successful and really good implementation that has been embraced by almost all linux distributions just because of those qualities. As the article stands today, it could as well have been written by a lunatic that doesn't believe in the moon landings.
You know, you are continuing the discussion about systemd if you take a side in the argument + someone already said to stop the discussion about systemd and there was no replies about it after that... except from you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Sailfish moves in complete wrong direction from what I thought. Even more closed than Apple?
You should understand one simple thing: Salifish Mobile OS RUS is local russian solution for corporate customers only.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
You should understand one simple thing: Salifish Mobile OS RUS is local russian solution for corporate customers only.
My main interest as a consumer of SFOS is if the RUS company will send some lines of code back to core sailfish.
Is that happening already?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Is that happening already?
Almost every day

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
I understands that.

But how is sailfish more open to me as a user than iOS?

No problem for me if Russians Wants to hijack sail, after all they pay for it. But its currently not credible to call it open nor secure than other OS on the market from a user point of view.

I smell a scam

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-21 at 11:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
But how is sailfish more open to me as a user than iOS?
I really typed a more or less long answer to this with some explanations of open source systems running closed source, which I deleted before posting to just say:

Please stop trolling people. Thanks.

(There really is no definition of "open to dave as a user" relevant to anyone else.)
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: