Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
It seems that connecting the "The first one" other half only installed the theme. I'm not seeing, or hearing for that matter, the unique ring tones mentioned.

How do I get them installed? Any help would be appreciated.
At least on my device the OH-specific unique ringtones just are there... If you check from settings yo useem to have the standad ringtone but if someone calls you you hear the special tone. Nice

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
My charger cable (phone side) has MicroUSB "trident" markings on the wrong side compared to normal. That should show you which way to connect and ist that a standard?

No biggie for one but if all cables are the same Jolla should contact manufacturer.for proper ones...

I just installed GO Launcher EX from playstore and it works flawlessly. Now I have all my android apps in the launcher and switching between them became a hell alot easier.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
I just installed GO Launcher EX from playstore and it works flawlessly. Now I have all my android apps in the launcher and switching between them became a hell alot easier.
I've held off on the launchers thus far due to battery concerns. I'm also not sure how you would go back to the regular launcher once you've enabled a different one.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I've held off on the launchers thus far due to battery concerns. I'm also not sure how you would go back to the regular launcher once you've enabled a different one.
Since there is no "regular" launcher on Alien Dalvik, this shouldn't matter.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
cant someone extract the nfc tag of the OH and share it?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
And while you're at it, feel like providing the host file that you use?
Shared here:
https://perhonen.keilarannanpalvelin...759fffef511a3d

Sailfish one should be copied as
/etc/hosts

and Android one as
/opt/alien/system/etc/hosts

The files are edited so that they contain the original lines from the original hosts files in respective places.

The original files were copied this year from AdFree app on Android. They are not the newest ones as AdFree got expelled from GooglePlay, and I haven't bothered finding any new ones. The old one still seems to do the trick.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Success, I imported all my contacts from my N900. The transfer from the N9 did not work on Jolla or my Android tablet. I can only guess it is something to do with how the facebook/twitter integration in the contact lists works. Any contact without social links would work and those with ONLY social links would work, but merged or subsequently edited contacts (the majority of my address book) would not.
Yep, I get exactly the same problem. Anyone find a solution?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Anyone knows where to find a HOWTO to format Micro SDXC 64 GB in promet filesystem for it to be recognized by the Jolla? I think Ext3 (or Ext4?) is supposed to work from what I've heard, but my computer card reader is not SDXC-compliant so I have to use the Jolla for the formatting.

The device has fdisk, so it should be doable. But I'm no expert, I need to follow a guide to avoid bricking my device by formatting the wrong things.

I'd like to take advantage of the 64 GB storage before I leave for holidays.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I missed a tutorial.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
as from using my android, it can be manage in default application list