Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Nope. Just saying it's not a big deal. Really.

Weird that there's so much upset over a cutting edge feature like AR, and a legacy feature like MMS. I guess it's just emotional talk because everyone's so antsy to get the darned things into their eager hands.
Or... Users want these features, wheter they are cutting edge or legacy ;-)

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Hey, even if it had those, we'd still be talking about portrait or capacitive (Drink ! Drink !).

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by qole View Post
and you use your finger to drag the N around to wherever you want North to be.
Yay, no more trips to the north pole! Have North directly in your front yard!

The Following User Says Thank You to range For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Australia
would be very cool if easter egg was DAB(+) radio... afterall, nokia were toying with the idea a whiles back.

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Or... Users want these features, wheter they are cutting edge or legacy ;-)
I am not so sure users REALLY want those features (and my users I mean majority). I agree with Qole though - it may just be that we review and take to task any new product until we can get our hands on it.

Hey, its the only thing we can do now on the forums - have you seen how fast a churn there is on the Active Topics section on the right hand side ?
I am sure it will slow down a lot once people get time to play with the n900 and less time debating needed and not-so-needed feature lists.

Alright, so this is now 23 pages long, and I'll admit that I might have missed a few posts. That being said, did we get first or second hand confirmation from a Nokia Rep that this doesn't have a digital compass? I bring up hope because this review (http://mobilementalism.com/2009/09/1...martphone-yet/) states:

The N900 uses Ovi Maps (formerly Nokia Maps), and its implementation is no different from any other implementation of Nokia's Mapping app. The N900 sports a compass and aGPS, though, and its power ensures that the mapping app is very fast. With all the storage space available, you can also download maps for on-board storage, which is useful if you're out of reach of a data connection.
(emphasis mine)

The review is dated the 14th fwiw.

Last edited by bocaJ; 2009-09-18 at 19:34. Reason: Fixed tags

It seems the reference to that is accompanied with an image of Ovi Maps. The reviewer could have thought the compass was due to just the picture of a compass in Ovi Maps, but that doesn't mean the presence of a digital compass in the device's hardware.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
Alright, so this is now 23 pages long, and I'll admit that I might have missed a few posts. That being said, did we get first or second hand confirmation from a Nokia Rep that this doesn't have a digital compass?
We did

Q - Does the N900 have a Digital Compass?
A - No, the N900 does not have a Magnetometer(Digital Compass)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Drink!

(hic!)

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
and I skipped
- iPhone(s) (Apple's nazism)
With the hindsight of history, this has to be the most ironic commercial ever made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ji0...om=PL&index=14

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainX For This Useful Post: