Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Hi,

I have an infuriating problem that any new Android app I install does not get homescreen icon. I can still launch those apps through Yalp or some other store, but it's cumbersome.

Anyone experienced the same and know how to fix?

This started to happen after I uninstalled Android support, and reinstalled it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
try reboot / restart apkd service

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I have the same problem since 3.0.2.8. Restarting the apkd service or reboot doesn't help. I've tried since the release

I didn't reinstall the Android support - it just started happening. I didn't reinstall it as I guessed that won't fix it and I'll be stuck with no icons.

@ajalkane Which XA2 device are you on? I've confirmed this happening only on 2 Plus devices.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ppear-in-menu/

Last edited by Bundyo; 2019-04-18 at 18:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Is there really no launcher entry at all for freshly installed Android apps or is just the icon not displayed, but the App title is there and the space for a launcher entry is occupied?
The latter happend often in the past, but only rarely or never lately, on a Jolla 1, but after some time (and many reboots) Android app icons were always displayed in the launcher.
Currently I also have two Android apps (out of about 20 new ones installed after upgrading to SailfishOS 3.0.2) not displaying their icons on an Xperia X. This is already persistent over a couple of days and reboots. But the launcher entries are there, with app title and space occupied, thus these apps can be launched by tapping on their invisible icon (in contrast to your issue description).

And are really all Android apps affected by this is issue on an XA2, which have been installed after upgrading to SailfishOS 3.0.2?

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
No space, no icon, no launcher entry.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I have the same problem since 3.0.2.8. Restarting the apkd service or reboot doesn't help. I've tried since the release

I didn't reinstall the Android support - it just started happening. I didn't reinstall it as I guessed that won't fix it and I'll be stuck with no icons.

@ajalkane Which XA2 device are you on? I've confirmed this happening only on 2 Plus devices.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ppear-in-menu/
Yes, I have XA2 Plus also. It may be that me reinstalling Dalvik has nothing to do with it and it's because new Sailfish version. Sounds more logical.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Pardon for maybe thread hijacking, but how is the XA2 as a daily driver right now? I'm on Xperia X / SailfishX, but old Android is blocking too many useful things. Wondering if XA2 is too raw to invest in now or better to wait until a few more SF releases have stabilized things.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...-xa2-variants/ seems to have a laundry list of items still in an iffy state.

The Following User Says Thank You to lkravovicz For This Useful Post:
did you use the automatic installer for signature spoofing for microg? I had the same problem after updating to 3.0.2 until I noticed aliendalvik was not completely updated because of space issues. the spoofing script created an backup of the system.img file in the /opt/alien directory. removing this and doing a manual update after this fixed the issue for me, but you have to rerun the spoofing after the update

The Following User Says Thank You to balta For This Useful Post:
No spoofing as I don't have MicroG. However, I've tinkered with the Dalvik image in order to install Play services. I'll check if my Dalvik is the latest version.

What is bothering me is that all reports of this are from Plus phones for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
On SailfishX in Lemmenjoki, I had one Android app (out of 20) without icon. Nothing worked to solve this. Mysteriously, the icon appeared directly after installing Oulanka.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post: