Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Like I always say don't install from devel uninstall disable devel and reinstall extras version.
The problem is that devel has the more current version with the fixed readability fixes. I'd love to have it, so for the moment we're stuck with .deb install only.

I installed the theme from the extras repo and love it, but noticed some bugs in the clock;

-some alarms/new alarms do not show the days they are set to repeat on
-ne alarms do not show the time and instead show random numbers

Tried installing 1.2-9 via xterm/.deb. Installed fine, but it doesn't show up in themes this way either.

Noticed 1.2.10 in extras-devel, but that too does not appear in the theme list after install. I really miss this great theme.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm sure Andrew will get it straightened out as soon as he can.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Andrew; I have now the same problem as you do. .debs created by autobuilder doesn't anymore work as supposed when creating source packages with MADDE.

Please let me know also if you come up with the solution.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
The problem is how the autobuilder is optifying themes. On some its now symlinking the entire folder to /opt but theme picker only looks in /usr/share/themes for the theme index files. I need to figure out how to keep it from doing that but first I need to see why it just started it on certain themes. I think it might be do to the size of the theme.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
The problem is how the autobuilder is optifying themes. On some its now symlinking the entire folder to /opt but theme picker only looks in /usr/share/themes for the theme index files. I need to figure out how to keep it from doing that but first I need to see why it just started it on certain themes. I think it might be do to the size of the theme.
It started to do it for my new theme also today and yesterday everything was just fine. All I did was to rename the package into different name and changed some graphics. It does exactly as you told. It creates only symlink with theme's name and earlier it created the whole theme folder structure inside /usr/share/themes and then symliked just the files to point at /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/themes

Damn.

I found what's causing the bug!

If you run "try_it_out.sh" from MADDE and give the theme a folder name that's long enought the error is gone and optifying is done correctly.

For me "iivilsteel" wasn't enough but "iivilsteel_test_path" was. Weird!

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I'll test this on mine tomorrow

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Tags
fremantle, theme release