Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There is another perspective however - Russian users may want more powerful devices for Sailfish OS and Sony has good devices, is relatively open and is not US based, so it can be seen as a more or less safer bet for such devices.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
I think it is a great move by Jolla and Sony.

As for Intex they were hit with an injunction to stop selling phones with the Aqua name. Because there is a company called Aqua Mobiles. So we may not see any Aqua Fish for awhile.

http://www.financialexpress.com/indu...k-case/488054/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Sometimes I feel, all Sailfish users know one another

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
I know only one other user. --> very popular OS.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
By the way.
Has there been any talk about Sony Tablet getting SailfishOS tablet sw?

https://developer.sonymobile.com/ope...and-resources/
There are interesting tablet devices.
https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en...ria-z4-tablet/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Re: SIM size adapters...

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I tried that when I had to trim my SIM to fit in the Jolla. An adapter did not help me when I tried to put that SIM back in the N900 where it originally came from. Contacts are in the right place but I suspect the tension is missing as the whole assembly is no longer a single piece of plastic.
I owe you all an apology.

I tried the adapter again to put my cut-down SIM back in my N900 and it still did not work. This is strange, I thought, because the first thing the phone did on boot-up was to ask for the SIM card PIN.

It turned out it did not work because my phone was switched to 2G only mode, which my provider no longer supports. Switching it to 3G brought it back to life.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
how does one get official apps is the real question. thats what people want ie the mainstream

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Haven't kept up with this thread but is Sony going to sell phones with Sailfish out of the box? Or are they providing driver support, etc, so you can set it up yourself such that is it fully functional. Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
how does one get official apps is the real question. thats what people want ie the mainstream
The question is "what official apps"? Jolla store is a joke, mostly an android joke.
They don't have paid apps still so no woder that there's no apps there. And some of the restrictions what actually can get there is worse than google and apple combined.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. Haven't kept up with this thread but is Sony going to sell phones with Sailfish out of the box? Or are they providing driver support, etc, so you can set it up yourself such that is it fully functional. Thanks!
The only clear message we have is that there will be a Jolla C style community device with Sony HW, possibly by end of Q2.

Everything else is an abreviation from that statement, shrouded in mystery, rumors and hopes
Sailfish out of the box from Sony is the most ambitious product of a hopeful brain in this context but not based on any facts.
Plz correct me if i am wrong.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x