Active Topics

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
This is exciting. I'm probably going to buy an Xperia X now.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Exiting! 4G service in US probably. Nice camera. SFOS officially available. 5" display is large but not too large to fit in pants (insert joke later). Coming soon(tm). Please let this br true, don't make it only available in rose gold :P, and tell me where to send my money!

Anyone here laid hands on one?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
FP2 seems to have spent forever in purgatory as an official port, might we expect something more immediately appealing to non-software engineers?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
FP2 seems to have spent forever in purgatory as an official port, might we expect something more immediately appealing to non-software engineers?
Sony has been pretty adamant about their whole kernel porting thing, and with a company that size I'd say it'll be delivered much faster than FP2 etc. This seems a partnership that both the OEM (Sony) and the software firm (Jolla) want, and are actively engaged in.

As soon as we have notice of which model range the official ports will work on, I'm picking up at least one device. Hoping they get the Xperia X Compact version working fairly rapidly, as that device is just about perfect for me. Reminds me of pre-Lumia death + Nokia N9 design. I won't mind the Sony branding as it's a sensibly sized device and looks fantastic.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
tell me where to send my money!

Anyone here laid hands on one?
Amazon UK is listing them at £317, which is a price (for a spec) that I am far more comfortable handing over to sony then I ever could have been handing over to Jolla for the J1.

The difference in spec/quality is day and night!

Just want to know if there will in fact be SFOS pre-loads available for sale, or, whether it's simply a case of buy a stock Xperia X and have a (relatively) easy time loading on the officially supported image....?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
Amazon UK is listing them at £317, which is a price (for a spec) that I am far more comfortable handing over to sony then I ever could have been handing over to Jolla for the J1.

The difference in spec/quality is day and night!

Just want to know if there will in fact be SFOS pre-loads available for sale, or, whether it's simply a case of buy a stock Xperia X and have a (relatively) easy time loading on the officially supported image....?
Yeah, they're pricey (for the spec), but they're leaps and bounds more powerful and infinitely more available than Jolla 1/2. Plus they're 64-bit. If I had to guess from context in the announcement, I'd say that you can buy an Xperia X and flash the official port on it once it becomes available... and LATER, I can pretty much guarantee Jolla will release a 3rd phone that is manufactured by Sony - with a few customizations. Namely, preloaded Sailfish and Jolla/Sailfish/Sony branding.

It's what makes the most sense to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I'll wait for something with bigger screnn. This new 6incher looks nice

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Soon available , sorry could not resist ,,,.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
I'll wait for something with bigger screnn. This new 6incher looks nice
The Xperia X is 5". Do you really want a 6" screen? My Nexus 6 sits on a shelf because using it is impossible unless I sit down and dedicate my full attention to it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
This is my dream come true. I love Sony, and I love SailfishOS. Now I can get both!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x