Active Topics

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I was somewhat expecting for Jolla to release the 2.2.1 today as they were asking for strings to be translated by 11th of July. Seems like they might have hit some delays along the line as 2.2.1 is most likely the last update before 3.0 and had to get all the packages prepared for 3.0 update.
you never roll out an update on friday, unless you wanna work the whole weekend in case anything goes wrong

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
What about this from Jolla blog !

BraapBraap on August 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Seriously WTF?!?!?
PR/Marketing according to Jolla:
1) Make big, exciting announcement regarding some new development/product to keep stringing people along lest they get tired of forever hanging on for Jolla to deliver or turn to a product already available on the market.
2) Make sure this announcement is made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance of new development/product actually being available to purchase.
3) When pressed on release dates , eh, just aim for a random Q date, ensuring that its far off enough in the future to actually give ourselves a chance to deliver on whatever crazy promise we might have made!
4) From that point onwards be really vague about any updates regarding how new development/product is developing.
5) Then a few months later, simply act like there was never an announcement in the first place!
6) If customers become snarky or pushy, remember to hide behind the excuse that we are a very small team and that they are now being unrealistic in their expectations. (At no point should Jolla staff refer back to original statement should it show that we have yet to deliver on our promised new development/product!)
7) Rinse & Repeat!

I do for instance agree with all points, but if i want to reply on the official Jolla blog my messages/replies are blocked or removed by the moderators there, am in a blacklist lol?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
What about this from Jolla blog !

BraapBraap on August 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Seriously WTF?!?!?
PR/Marketing according to Jolla:
1) Make big, exciting announcement regarding some new development/product to keep stringing people along lest they get tired of forever hanging on for Jolla to deliver or turn to a product already available on the market.
2) Make sure this announcement is made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance of new development/product actually being available to purchase.
3) When pressed on release dates , eh, just aim for a random Q date, ensuring that its far off enough in the future to actually give ourselves a chance to deliver on whatever crazy promise we might have made!
4) From that point onwards be really vague about any updates regarding how new development/product is developing.
5) Then a few months later, simply act like there was never an announcement in the first place!
6) If customers become snarky or pushy, remember to hide behind the excuse that we are a very small team and that they are now being unrealistic in their expectations. (At no point should Jolla staff refer back to original statement should it show that we have yet to deliver on our promised new development/product!)
7) Rinse & Repeat!

I do for instance agree with all points, but if i want to reply on the official Jolla blog my messages/replies are blocked or removed by the moderators there, am in a blacklist lol?
No, you are not. I doubt that. As far as I understand they have to accept new members before comments are visible. And that might take a while since they slowly abandon the blog and refund.

Edit: If you want me to ask in the blog post, just say so and we can figure out what’s going on.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-08-11 at 15:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
since they slowly abandon the blog and refund.

Any proof on that part?

Because ur refund did not take place yet doesn't mean they abandon or even the blog .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
since they slowly abandon the blog and refund.

Any proof on that part?

Because ur refund did not take place yet doesn't mean they abandon or even the blog .
Yes, read between the lines. Less comments, less or no updates of old blog posts. Less new blog posts.

They have abandon the blog post about refunds for almost nine months. I say it’s a scam when they refer to that blog post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I do read between UR lines, Refund Avenger, ur posting on the wrong blog and too much its like trolling, no use of arguing or discussing that subjects on every blog, point ur gun to jolla directly instead of me hahaha.

waste of time as i see it, move on please

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
I do read between UR lines, Refund Avenger, ur posting on the wrong blog and too much its like trolling, no use of arguing or discussing that subjects on every blog, point ur gun to jolla directly instead of me hahaha.

waste of time as i see it, move on please
And yet you are the one that is blocked/banned

I was trying to help you but no point I see...

The refund will come or jolla will disappear. We will see what will hit us first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
And yet you are the one that is blocked/banned

I was trying to help you but no point I see...

The refund will come or jolla will disappear. We will see what will hit us first.
No u gave comments, and assuming things, and ur last remark says it all, END

The Following User Says Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
With how long it's talking to release 2.2.1 I don't think Jolla will be releasing SFOS 3.0 at Q3 of this year as they promised. I would surprised if they will manage Q4

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
I don't expect anything before september. It is summertime with probably more people out of office.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x