Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xes View Post
@reinob
Which is the situation about the request to be maintainer of the bash4 package?
I have just sent an e-mail to the maintainer of bash4 (you did as well a few months ago). I'll give it a week and then I'll take over.

I still have to get a clear picture of the whole debian-maemo-upload process. I can compile and install, but have no real experience with debian packaging. Maemo garage and autobuilder are still a mistery to me (what they do, how, and why we need them).

But I think I'll manage...

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I got the OK from Kaj-Michael Lang (THANKS!), so I've requested to be maintainer of bash4.

I'm trying to understand the whole debian-maemo packaging conspiracy so to simplify a bit I'm testing uploading another program to extras-devel. It's called sysrpl and you should *NOT* touch it (it's a forth-like programming language copy-catting the SysRPL language found in good calculators).

I hope I don't break the autobuilder (I've read about it happening from time to time).

Will keep you posted.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I hope I don't break the autobuilder (I've read about it happening from time to time).

Will keep you posted.
OK so the autobuilder didn't work (or rather, it did but the build failed) and I didn't get any e-mail. Using google I found the autobuilder log (https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt), which tells me that I need curses.h, so I guess I need to make it depend on libcurses5-dev. Will try again one of these days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
E-mails haven't come through for a while.
You can check the latest builds for errors here
https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/e...uldron-builds/

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Well, emails from garage "should" arrive and also the mail server seems to be of the same opinion. If it doesn't happen again please ping techstaff in the usual ways.

Last edited by xes; 2015-03-20 at 01:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I've been getting builder emails all the time. Two yesterday. Not reinob's though. Selective mail server? Incorrectly set up reinob's account?

(FYI, builder sends emails to everybody, not just the person who started the build. I found it a bit odd at first but got used to it in the end.)

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
No e-mails here. (Since very long time. That long I do not remember if I received those overall build mails. For sure I did receive for my own.)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
No e-mails here. (Since very long time. That long I do not remember if I received those overall build mails. For sure I did receive for my own.)
I guess it was a misunderstanding. I understood that the one uploading the package gets an e-mail. This is not the case.

I have now subscribed to the cauldron-whatever list and now I get an e-mail whenever the autobuilder compiles anything (it's OK, it's not so much .

So curses is OK. Now I need libgmp which I happen to have locally compiled. So now I have to upload libgmp to extras-devel and, recurse as necessary, and then continue.

And this is just for my really-simple program. Did I say I don't like the autobuilder stuff?

EDIT: libgmp3-dev was there already, so I added it as build dependency, and the autobuilder worked!

Last edited by reinob; 2015-03-20 at 20:45.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I guess it was a misunderstanding. I understood that the one uploading the package gets an e-mail. This is not the case.
I have now subscribed to the cauldron-whatever list and now I get an e-mail whenever the autobuilder compiles anything (it's OK, it's not so much .
Yep. misunderstanding .
That is what I had done before. And some day (un)intentionally must have unsubscribed (the reason for no e-mails forgot that).
Soory for noise.

--
more total offtopic noise, but as we are at mailing lists:
Has anyone ever seen this list?
I guess yes , but not me (after 5 years!)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-03-20 at 11:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, shellshock