python3-base
python3-gobject
dbus-python3
lxc-templates-desktop
qxdisplay
harbour-containers
mouse cursor support for SFOS and LXC
I would like to install DEBIAN now.
How to install with terminal all these packages? I don't have them and pckon install don't work.
I don't have them.
Do i need to install kernel for lxc support too?
I have flashed with twrp your 4.0 image zip file then i flash 02-hybris-boot-firejail-enhanced.img you posted and BT and broadcom packages. but bluetooth don't work when i turn on it it blink and nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Code:
2. Then, install all the following packages:
lxc
lxc-templates
nemo-qml-plugin-dbus-qt5
sailfish-polkit-agent
python3-base
python3-gobject
dbus-python3
lxc-templates-desktop
qxdisplay
harbour-containers
mouse cursor support for SFOS and LXC
I would like to install DEBIAN now.
How to install with terminal all these packages? I don't have them and pckon install don't work.
I don't have them.
Do i need to install kernel for lxc support too?
I have flashed with twrp your 4.0 image zip file then i flash 02-hybris-boot-firejail-enhanced.img you posted and BT and broadcom packages. but bluetooth don't work when i turn on it it blink and nothing.
Regarding LXC and debian, check this topic.

Regarding BT, to the instruction I've added a step that forgot to mention earlier:
You need to amend /etc/bluez5/bluetooth/main.conf file. Set Channels = 1 at [GATT] section like:
Code:
# Number of ATT channels
# Possible values: 1-5 (1 disables EATT)
# Default to 3
Channels = 1
Then reboot. This should fix BT.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
[CODE]
[root@GalaxyNote4 nemo]# ssu dr adaptation-community-common
[root@GalaxyNote4 nemo]# ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.4.0.24/

As you can see it s impossible to progress.
If you disable a repo with 'ssu dr xxxx' it will REMAIN disabled, even if you amend it with 'ssu ar yyyy'.
So, no wonder it doesn't find packages as you disabled the repo and then left it disabled.

You can change a repo without disabling it with the 'ssu ar yyy' command. Or if you already disabled with the 'ssu dr xxx' and then amended with the 'ssu ar yyy' commands, then you need to do a 'ssu er yyy' as well to enable it again. Only once all required repos are enabled, then do the 'pkcon refresh'.
You should ALWAYS check what's enabled and disabled (ssu lr) before doing a 'pkcon refresh' and 'version --dup' otherwise can have issues like you posted.

Last edited by edp17; 2021-04-20 at 07:22.

There was a typo in the instruction for OTA upgrade to 4.0.1.48 (the repository name was incorrect).

GPS fix!
For fixing the GPS I've got a permanent workaround.
At the '# GPS' section after line 423, the following two lines should be added into /init.universal5433.rc file:
Code:
exec -- /system/bin/mknod -m 0660 /data/system/gps/.gps.interface.pipe.to_jni p
chown gps system /data/system/gps/.gps.interface.pipe.to_jni
Then, reboot or resart the gpsd and GPS should work.

I'll include this in the next update.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
GPS fix! ...
Yesterday I tested the GPS fix with PureMap with real car drive (not just with gpsinfo and csd apps) and the navigation worked very well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
OTA update to 4.1 is ready.
The only downside I found so far is that the wifi keeps forgetting the password after every reboot. (The solution that worked in previous releases, just doesn't work. I am workning on the fix.)
The benefit of upgrading this way, rather than installing the sfos 4.1 image from scratch:
  • nemo user is kept as the default user
  • all scripts that hardcoded to use user nemo, should work without any change
  • all your data, files and apps will remain and should work as before
  • if you installed and configured a desktop Linux in an lxc container, that also should work (don't need to reinstall/reconfigure again)
  • patchmanager and installed patches like Mouse cursor, More folder icons and Notes app cover will remain working

Here is the instruction what to do:

OTA 4.0 to 4.1
  1. Boot into sfos, enable developer mode and set a password
  2. Connect the phone to a wifi network (for downloading packages)
    From this point, we will work on the PC, leave the phone connected.
  3. Connect the phone to a PC, open a console and on the PC run (enter the password when you prompted):
    Code:
    ssh nemo@192.168.2.15
  4. Switch user to root (enter the password when you prompted):
    Code:
    devel-su
  5. Check repos:
    Code:
    ssu lr
  6. Disable all repos, except: apps, hotfixes, jolla:
    Code:
    ssu dr <repo_name>
  7. Add/modify adaptation-community-common repo:
    Code:
    ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_4.1.0.24/
  8. Add/modify adaptation-community repo:
    Code:
    ssu ar adaptation-community http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/samsung:/treltexx/sailfishos_4.1.0.24/
  9. In case you have the mousetracker repo
    Code:
    ssu ar mousetracker http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_4.1.0.24/
  10. make sure that both adaptation-community-common and adaptation-community are enabled and you do not have duplications (command 'ssu er <name>' enables the given repo)
  11. Put the device in release mode:
    Code:
    ssu release 4.1.0.24
  12. Refresh packages:
    Code:
    pkcon refresh
  13. Upgrade the system:
    Code:
    version --dup
  14. Then reboot:
    Code:
    reboot

GPS and Bluetooth should work out of the box. Plus you don't need to flash the kernel either.

Important!
After the boot, start the terminal. If you get errors like "ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libpreloadpatchmanager.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.", then you need to clear content of /etc/ld.so.preload

If you have any issues, give me a shout.
Good luck!

Waydroid on Galaxy Note4 (treltexx) port under SFOS4.1
Instruction is coming soon...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Waydroid on Galaxy Note4 (treltexx)

Edit (0606/2022) I've uploaded packages, so don't need chum repo for the installation.
Edit (26/10/2021): I've simplified the install. Now don't need to do a manual copy, only install rpm packages.

First of all a huge THANKS to Erfan Abdi who helped me to make this happen.

This instruction is for SFOS4.1 and 4.4! (I have not tried/tested on older releases)

Install Waydroid: (links are at the bottom)
  1. Download and install the kernel in TWRP (This is not required since SFOS4.4 because from 4.4 all builds included he right kernel)
    Get a root command line:
    Code:
    devel-su
  2. Install dnsmasq
    Code:
    zypper in dnsmasq-2.86-1.4.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
  3. Install python3-gbinder-python
    Code:
    zypper in python3-gbinder-python-1.0.0+git1-1.armv7hl.rpm
  4. install waydroid (this will also install other necessary packages: gobject-introspection lxc lxc-libs make python3-gobject)
    Code:
    zypper in waydroid-1.2.0-3.noarch.rpm
  5. Install waydroid-settings
    Code:
    zypper in waydroid-settings-1.2.0-3.noarch.rpm
  6. Install waydroid-snsors
    Code:
    zypper in waydroid-sensors-1.0.0-1.armv6hl.rpm
  7. Install waydroid-treltexx
    Code:
    zypper in waydroid-treltexx-1.0.0-1.noarch.rpm
  8. Initialize waydroid
    Code:
    waydroid init -f
  9. Re-Install waydroid-treltexx (The init overwrites the vendor image, so we need to put it back)
    Code:
    rpm -ivh --reinstall waydroid-treltexx-1.0.0-1.noarch.rpm
  10. Disable dnsmasq service
    Code:
    systemctl disable dnsmasq
  11. Reboot
  12. Start waydroid-session
    In Settings/Waydroid tap on 'Start daemon'
  13. Wait about 20 seconds (this is optional, if you don't wait you'll see lineage boot animation)
  14. Tap on the Waydroid icon
  15. Enjoy ;-)

Start Waydroid (full UI):
- Tap on the Waydroid icon on your desktop

Limitations (list just a few):
- Camera, GPS, BT don't work within Waydroid (there are is down to the old HAL and probably cannot be fixed, or not easily at least)
- Battery is set to 85% by default and doesn't reflect the real state
- Sometimes you need to take the battery out (when shutting down SFOS) otherwise the device gets rebooted (this is an issue at the SFOS side, I'll try to fix it later)
- etc.

What works (list just a few):
- Touch and screen
- Network
- Sensors (except the one listed above)
- Sound (routed to the connected BT device, it must be connected in SFOS)
- Install Android apps from stores like UpToDown store app and F-Droid
- Install Android apk from the SFOS command line: waydroid app install <path-to-the-app.apk>
- Gapps/Magisk can be installed (have not tried it). Instruction: https://github.com/casualsnek/waydroid_script
- GAPPS system image is available and that works well. Once the device is registered at Google, The Google Play Store is available and is working great.
- etc.

Tips: (Kind of app integration)
You can start any Android app from the app drawer. If the full UI is started, the app will take its place otherwise it starts in a new window. If you "close" the app with the virtual Home, Back or Recent app icons, you can start any new app just like SFOS's native ones.

Links:
kernel with waydroid support (hybris-boot-sfos42-06-waydroid.img - Don't need from SFOS4.4)
dnsmasq
python3-gbinder-python
waydroid
waydroid-settings
waydroid-sensors
waydroid-treltexx

Picture:
Android 10 and desktop Debian Sid are running at the same time on top of SFOS 4.1 on the Galaxy Note 4 (treltexx):

Last edited by edp17; 2022-06-06 at 23:39. Reason: Simplified install

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
I've simplified the install of waydroid. Instruction has been updated.

OTA update to 4.2 is ready.
The problem with wifi (keeps forgetting the password after every boot) remains. There is a workaround below.

Here is the instruction on what to do:

OTA 4.1 to 4.2
!IMPORTANT!
If you are on the kernel with waydroid support (hybris-boot-sfos42-06-waydroid.img), first you must flash the original cm14.1 kernel (hybris-boot-sfos42-01.img) otherwise the OTA update will break the system!
  1. Unapply and remove all patches
  2. Uninstall patchmanager
  3. Reboot (this is required after patchmanager is removed, otherwise you will need to restart lots of services)
  4. Boot into sfos, enable developer mode and set a password
  5. Connect the phone to a wifi network (for downloading packages)
    From this point, we will work on the PC, leave the phone connected.
  6. Connect the phone to a PC, open a console and on the PC run (enter the password when you prompted):
    Code:
    ssh nemo@192.168.2.15
  7. Switch user to root (enter the password when you prompted):
    Code:
    devel-su
  8. Check repos:
    Code:
    ssu lr
  9. Disable all repos, except: apps, hotfixes, jolla:
    Code:
    ssu dr <repo_name>
  10. Add/modify adaptation-community-common repo:
    Code:
    ssu ar adaptation-community-common https://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_4.2.0.21/
  11. Add/modify adaptation-community-treltexx repo:
    Code:
    ssu ar adaptation-community-treltexx https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/samsung:/treltexx/sailfishos_4.2.0.21/
  12. In case you have the mousetracker repo, disable it as can be added after the update
    Code:
    ssu dr mousetracker
  13. if you have waydroid installed and chum repo added, disable the chum repo because its waydroid packages will interfere with the installed ones. (The new waydroid packages will be updated from the chum repo and will break the waydroid installation.)
    Code:
    ssu dr chum
  14. make sure that both adaptation-community-common and adaptation-community-treltexx are enabled and you do not have duplications (command 'ssu er <name>' enables the given repo)
  15. Put the device in release mode:
    Code:
    ssu release 4.2.0.21
  16. Refresh packages:
    Code:
    pkcon refresh
  17. Upgrade the system:
    Code:
    version --dup
  18. Then reboot:
    Code:
    reboot

Once rebooted into the new system try all functions and reboot at least once to try if it still starts the system correctly. If everything is okay, you can add back the chum and mousetracker repos:
  • Code:
    ssu ar chum https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/sailfishos:/chum/4.2.0.21_armv7hl/
  • Code:
    ssu er chum
  • Code:
    ssu ar mousetracker https://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_4.2.0.21/
  • Code:
    ssu er mousetracker

GPS and Bluetooth (and waydroid if installed) should work out of the box. Plus you don't need to flash the kernel either.

Workaround for the wifi issue:
This is a bit hacky but you need to do the hacky bit only once.
There is a script provided to turn wifi manually on/off from a command line or Shellex. The script is located in /usr/bin/droid/wifi-on.sh It has one parameter on or off (e.g.: wifi-on.sh on)
To make it work you need to enter your home network name, password and last IP address into the /usr/bin/droid/wifi-conf file.
In addition (and this is the hacky part) you need to do the following (only once):
  1. turn wifi on and connect to the home network
  2. turn wifi off
  3. as root, go into ~/.local/share/system/privileged/connman
  4. if you have multiple wifi_*_*_managed_psk folders in the, keep only one and delete the rest
  5. rename the kept wifi_*_*_managed_psk folder to tmp_wifi
  6. go into the tmp_wifi folder and edit the settings file
  7. Its first line will be the same as the original file name was like [wifi_*_*_managed_psk]
  8. rename the text in [] to match with the new name, so needs to be [tmp_wifi] (in the file you'll see the network name, password and last IP address that you need to add into the wifi.conf file)
  9. Done. From now if you call the `wifi-on.sh on` script as root, it will connect to the network defined in wifi.conf (you don't need to toggle the wifi button from the menu)

If you have any issues, give me a shout.
Good luck!

Last edited by edp17; 2022-02-24 at 07:26.

Tags
note 4, samsung, sm-n910c, treltexx