Active Topics

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
I ordered 2 N900's 3 nights ago, first one for £360 and the second for £306. Told Nokia to cancel the £360 one but they never, as it is still showing up on my order. So if the 2 devices arrive i'll easy pass on the £360 one to anybody who is looking for one at that price.

The reason they never cancelled the first order must be because of this email i recieved straight after posting

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

NokiaUKOnlineShop@nokia.co.uk

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect

Last edited by Nitchers; 2009-10-22 at 02:42. Reason: Too spooky to say!!

Anyone on Google Wave, I have a wave for the N900. Search for "withublic Nokia N900".

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Amazon's price guarantee I think for pre-orders is only valid before the device is shipped.

Not to mention these are pre-order sales, typically the price will go back up after its release date to what MSRP is. At least that is the case for popular videogames.
With Amazon ( I asked multiple times to ensure the N900 was covered under this policy, as I have personally experienced the price difference on my Samsung LED tv ), if the price goes down within the first thirty days after you receive the device you'll be refunded the difference between what you paid for it and the new lower price.

I hope if devices start shipping tomorrow, that Newegg does the same. It would suck to have to wait till the middle of Nov to get my device if other people start getting their's tomorrow.

-Socrates 469 BC

Was it a pre-order sale? Like I said, alot of companies now do pre-order bonuses to entice people to buy it from them earlier on rather then waiting. And then once it's near release they'll return the price back to MSRP (in this case the n900's MSRP is $650). Now if you pre-order the device at $559 or $569 and then they changed it to $649 then yeah that's more of a scam if it's not one of those "prices subject to change".
That's another thing I noticed with Newegg. Even though the price is $559 right now, their policy states that at anytime the price can go up. Which means if you pre-order at $559 you're not guaranteed the price when it ships, so technically you could end up paying $649 even though you pre-ordered it at $559.

I just had Amazon reinstate my N900 order. If you cancel your order but call back or email them before they close that day and ask for a supervisor, they can reinstate your order...I really would like to stick with Newegg, but I want my device like yesterday...

-Socrates 469 BC

NewEgg generally doesn't yank prices up and down (when it comes to pre-order sales). Regular items are different since they tend to react to how the market reacts. I can wait for my device as long as the price doesn't go up so I'll probably just stick with Newegg.

I don't think there's going be a wide disparity in shipping dates (especially for decently sized retailers like Amazon, Buy.com, and Newegg). The n900 itself is probably going be released by retailers sometime the first or second week of November.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

NewEgg generally doesn't yank prices up and down (when it comes to pre-order sales). Regular items are different since they tend to react to how the market reacts. I can wait for my device as long as the price doesn't go up so I'll probably just stick with Newegg.

I don't think there's going be a wide disparity in shipping dates (especially for decently sized retailers like Amazon, Buy.com, and Newegg). The n900 itself is probably going be released by retailers sometime the first or second week of November.
Amazon is quite larger than Newegg. They might not generally yank their prices up, but that's not the point, the fact is it's in the fine print, so it can happen... As far as the date, I know about that , I wasn't asking when it's going to be released, I was simply responding to the few people who were saying when they called the companies they ordered from they were told the first batch would be tomorrow..err today actually. I love Newegg and especially the price, but dislike the restocking fee and no price guarantee. Guess we'll find out later today if the phones are indeed shipping out.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Ladies, gentlemen,

as much as I love the discussion, are you sure you want to continue these threads endlessly? The day we start shipping you will see a Nokia press release announcing just that. The first Nokia N900 will not magically appear in some shop suddenly, somewhere, sometime, but we will let you know when we start shipping from the factory.

And yes, we've gotten some decent feedback from the community after the Maemo Summit from those 300 devices we gave out with some things we haven't detected in our usual-for-all-devices testing around the world. Some of this feedback, we want to take into account in both the first sales software release i.e. PR1.0 and some in software updates we provide later this year.

on PC Connection

My Order:

Nokia n900 Mobile Computer Smartphone, 32GB, 5MP Camera, Unlocked, 002L929, 10330687, Cellular Phones
N900 32GB QWERTY SLIDE 5MP CAM
Mfr.: NOKIA
Item #: 10330687
Mfr. Part #: 002L929
Backordered 1 $549.95 $549.95
Account Manager Contact Information
Name: PC Connection Customer Service
E-mail: customerservice@pcconnection.com
Phone: (888) 800-0323

Shipping & Handling: $17.78
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $567.73
SHOP
ACCOUNT TOOLS

Current Listing:

Nokia n900 Mobile Computer Smartphone, 32GB, 5MP Camera, Unlocked, 002L929, 10330687, Cellular Phones
Nokia, Inc.
Nokia n900 Mobile Computer Smartphone, 32GB, 5MP Camera, Unlocked
$649.00
Add to Cart

My order cost has not changed so if your preorder cost changes then you are getting screwed.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Ladies, gentlemen,

as much as I love the discussion, are you sure you want to continue these threads endlessly? The day we start shipping you will see a Nokia press release announcing just that. The first Nokia N900 will not magically appear in some shop suddenly, somewhere, sometime, but we will let you know when we start shipping from the factory.

And yes, we've gotten some decent feedback from the community after the Maemo Summit from those 300 devices we gave out with some things we haven't detected in our usual-for-all-devices testing around the world. Some of this feedback, we want to take into account in both the first sales software release i.e. PR1.0 and some in software updates we provide later this year.
I assume this is a real post. This is exactly the type of info people need. Thanks for posting it. Can you give a little more details?

Personally, I will have no further interest in this thread after I post the happy news that my device has arrived. For me, I do not usually get news until after almost everyone already knows about it. I am not likely to catch the press release until at the earliest the next day (unless it is posted in a forum somewhere that I look at like this one). I post for the benefit of others like me and at the moment the most reliable information I can receive is from the company that I preordered from and wish to share it since all nokia gives people is vague time frames. I am just trying to help those who are getting answers like mid November, or the best one the link/or/copy and past from nokia's online store which is as informative as a stop sign to a blind person.

regards,
Blackwolf13

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda