Im quite a new owner of the N9 so im not quite sure how to flash the device if thats necessary.

But today morning i decided to uninstall the battery checker and just reboot the device.
But when i did i couldnt get back into the phone. I just got the message "Device not working properly" which instructed me to use the Nokia Software Updater. But the strange thing was when i connected the phone to the computer. The drivers started to install but just before it finished it showed an error that said that the device wasnt plugged in.
Which it was. So it seems that the Software Updater cant connect to my phone when its in this state.
Should i bring it into service?

Any ideas would really be apreciated

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
Are you runnning win 7?

If you are try getting your hands on an xp machine, windows 7 has some problem with usb connections to the n9. Two machines have tryed to bump my n9 because of this.

Yes I do have Windows 7.
Alright I will try that out. But what do you mean? Have you sent your N9 for repair because it didn't connect to the machine?
Thanks very much for the answer

Originally Posted by shanic89 View Post
Are you runnning win 7?

If you are try getting your hands on an xp machine, windows 7 has some problem with usb connections to the n9. Two machines have tryed to bump my n9 because of this.

I have actually tried connecting it. But it seems that its the same thing there aswell. Even tho it worked fine before to sync and update content through Nokia Link.
It all happened after i updated it to PR 1.2
And then this message showed up after a reboot.

Is there a way to reset the phone without using a computer?

Any other ideas?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
So I was wondering does the process go like this?

You connect to a PC/Laptop via a USB cable and select the sync and connect option on the phone.

Then you start up Nokia Software Updater.

NSU goes through start up, update check, download update, and install update.

At this point do you get the “USB hub detected”?

Once you are at this point, you are at the screen that informs you your device is up to date do you wish to reinstall.

You click reinstall it, goes through the process and then bumps your device?

I used NavifirmEx through wine under Linux to fetch the firmware, then the flasher itself runs natively, so I was able to do it without Windows at all. It is not just the Nokia N9 that Windows 7 has issues with. I have had a lot of USB devices either semi-work, or not work at all. I would post all the relative links, but I am on my N9 right now.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Apologies for the quick thread jack...
My turn to ask for some help, haven't done that in ages

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I used NavifirmEx through wine
Is there a way to easily install WINE on OS X nowadays? Haven't tried in years.
My main machine ATM is still only running 10.6.8.

then the flasher itself runs natively,
I tried installing that flasher on OSX, but it disappeared to God knows where.
I tried searching in Spotlight but nothing...
Any idea where the install routine plonks it?

Originally Posted by shanic89 View Post
So I was wondering does the process go like this?

You connect to a PC/Laptop via a USB cable and select the sync and connect option on the phone.

Then you start up Nokia Software Updater.

NSU goes through start up, update check, download update, and install update.

At this point do you get the “USB hub detected”?

Once you are at this point, you are at the screen that informs you your device is up to date do you wish to reinstall.

You click reinstall it, goes through the process and then bumps your device?

Yeah thats how i figured it should work. But all i get is just a couple of seconds when the phone starts up to see the Nokia Logo and the USB icon on the top and then it gets immediately to the screen where it shows "device not working properly". And during that time Windows 7 finds the correct drivers and tries to install them. But just as its going to it cancels and says that the device is not plugged in.

I dont get the option to choose what mode the phone should be in.

If it just got past to install those drivers i imagine it should work. the drivers are N9 Usb ROM and then then N9 (Update Mode)
Its just seems to stop in the process of installing.