Active Topics

Notices

Where does one obtain games for DrNok and the like?

"It's my first day"

Thanks.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
You may find some SNES cartridges on eBay.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mrbungle View Post
Where does one obtain games for DrNok and the like?

"It's my first day"

Thanks.
I recommend www.pspiso.com
you'l find any game for pretty much any of the retro consoles on there, its an awesome forum.

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have noticed a considerably slowdown on the development of emulators these days. Maybe because everyone is waiting to the PR1.2?

What do you think that are the most important missing bits to have a "perfect emulation machine" in our pockets?

This is what I miss the most:
- CPS1/2, NeoGeo. Although we have a great MAME implementation, most of the 16 bits games are unplayable or really slow. This could be improved (thanks Flandry) but an emulator with a proper GUI that uses the Cyclone m68K emulator and let you map combo keys would be great.
- Sega 16 bits arcades. The same situation with MAME, in this case the idea could be to use them with full accelerometer support at decent speed (OutRun, After Burner..., I use the Megadrive versions but they aren't really the same).
- Sega 32X support on PicoDrive (please Javicq).
- Nintendo DS emulator. I find this especially important as there are a lot of games that are designed to be controlled with the Stylus.
- PSX with GPU acceleration/better compatibility. This is coming nicely.
- N64 emulator finished. Don't really know if this could be possible.

I won't talk about other not so popular systems because, as said before, a good codebase at desktop is needed before any attempt of porting.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
MESS covers an awful lot of consoles. It's intimately related to MAME (takes advantage of the fact that MAME already emulates about every processor under the sun) and might be worth a port if i finish implementing the arm bits MAME needs for optimal performance.

BTW if anyone wants to make up a new/better/regularly updated emulators thread, i'll link to it in the sticky. This one has been rather neglected. A fine alternative would be a wiki page.
I would really appreciate this. Thank you.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
You may find some SNES cartridges on eBay.
No offense but I very much doubt thats how you obtained yours!

@ mrbungle - google is your friend - but for legal reasons no-one should really be handing out direct sources.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by The Quote Train View Post
No offense but I very much doubt thats how you obtained yours!
Well no. I bought mine on www.allegro.pl.
Then I downloaded dumps from Internets to save me the hassle of dumping them. But I have legal rights to do so.

Then I downloaded dumps from Internets to save me the hassle of dumping them. But I have legal rights to do so.

Legal rights to do so? hmmm does it work like that? Im so sure the rights owners wouldn't agree

I was wondering if any work is being done on a dreamcast emulator... Surely if we have a dreamcast emu we can the re-emulate almost any other console out there along with a large number of other goodies... I was tempted to purchase a copy of lazy larry but alas I cannot play on my n900

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Note that depends on the country.

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Legal rights to do so? hmmm does it work like that? Im so sure the rights owners wouldn't agree
I could be wrong about this, but cartridges would fall under the same laws as other software. Otherwise, you can legally make a backup of said software for your own personal archives.

It's the same reason why NO-CD cracks are legal. They allow you to play off of a backup of your original. You're not breaking copyright laws if you have already purchased the software and you're only making a backup of it.

This even applies to the actual OS roms. You should own an Amiga if you are using the Kickstart Roms.

slaapliedje