Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@B-RUNO even in N9 GLES2 Angry Birds not working. Need other modules for it.
Thanks for your response coderus!
But really I just want to know if there is an issue or not to build apkenv with GLES2 for fremantle.
Regards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-RUNO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
As far as building apkenv "with GLES2" and "without GLES2" is concerned:

OpenGL ES 1.x is NOT a subset of OpenGL ES 2.0, and therefore OpenGL ES 2.0 is NOT a superset of OpenGL ES 1.x. There is a nice diagram on the Maemo Wiki that shows the relationships between the different versions (note that OpenGL 2.0 on the Desktop is a superset of OpenGL 1.0 on the Desktop).

All of the games supported by apkenv that I know of are using the OpenGL ES 1.x APIs, and therefore only work if you build apkenv with OpenGL ES 1. Some newer games might be using Open GL ES 2.x (one indication for this is the symbol glUseProgram for example, or just look if it compiles against libGLESv2.so). For these games (once somebody writes a support module for them), you will need to build apkenv with GLES2 support, which does the necessary set-up, and binds the OpenGL ES 2 library functions.

Right now, the choice GLESv1 or GLESv2 is a compile-time choice, we could theoretically make it a run-time switch, but it would unnecessarily complicate the codebase at this stage, especially since we don't have any GLESv2 support modules yet

So a good advice: Don't spend your time trying to make GLESv2 work (except if you are specifically working on a module). We can always fix that later once a support module is available. The time is better spent (as Bundyo said) making new modules and figuring out the library loading order for .apks with multiple shared libraries.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Building with gles2 is not a problem but until now all the working apk can be run only with the gles1 binary.
So i decided to remove that binary from the zip...

@thp
..looking at the diagram.... it's very difficult to imagine a more complicated way of extending functions..

Last edited by xes; 2013-01-08 at 14:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
will be possible run ruzzle? apkenv says missing libraries

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Bump, any updates?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
There is already update for harmatan on the other threat (apkenv_42.3.15_armel.deb).
Could someone port it for N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to hadjistyllis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Some support module development information from crow_riot in the Pandora forums:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index....nvui/?p=218482

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Buddy will there be something on apknev for n900 for gps apps lyk viewranger .....just asking as used to that thingy on symbian : woud be diversly useful to all if sygic is able to work you guys know why anyway hats of to modrana it keeps the n900 alive

Last edited by nokiabot; 2013-03-12 at 06:48. Reason: Patrolling

Hi!

I've been working on Plants vs Zombies.

Plants vs Zombies uses the Marmalade SDK so i've actually been working on the Marmalade runtime.

After dozens of segfaults, i am now able to >start< the game, i even had to modify a part of the linker to get it going.
But it will still require a bit (probably a lot) work to get a fully playable game, the thing is, Marmalade does not work the same way as other Applications already supported (nativeInit, nativeRender, nativeUpdate and so on), but it actually it wants to take full control over the input and rendering stuff. I might even need to hook fopen in the module to get touch-input working.
EDIT: ignore the fopen sentence , i misinterpreted that

By the way when it's working adding support for other games written with Marmalade isn't going to be a big challenge. I've also been able to start Draw Something without modifications to my code.

start really just means start - i've been prompted with the start screen of the respective game and the apps main loop is running.

I'd really apprectiate any help, i'll push my work to github as soon as possible.

kind regards,
liar
(this time it really feels wrong to write my username below my message , it's relly no joke but i'll probably post a video or something )

Last edited by liar; 2013-04-22 at 20:34.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
I'm really noob in the tech world, but I think, SuperHexagon would be an easy one to port. It's standard GL ES 2.0 And it's a native app, starts, and gives segmentation fault.
If you have time, please look at this game. Thanks!

Tags
apkenv