Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey, anyone want to help me to get Jess (Xmms addon) running in full screeen?

I've got wmctrl already installed but I don't know the command line for it to work with this.

This visualization feature is pretty sweet, runs much better than I was expecting, and it would look awesome full screen.

Thanks.

I installed and like that "JESS" visualization, however, I get a white screen about every 10 seconds. The player is minimized and I have no other apps running in the backround. I even disconnected my WiFi connection.After a while, it does it less often.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey Den, is there any way to double the size of the play list?

I'm seeing options for Xmms and also for the equalizer but not the play list.

Also, I'm still hoping someone will post up the command line to get Jess in full screen.

I really, really would like to see this.

I'm fairly sure it can be done, I just need the command for wmctrl to do this.

Also, have you found any neat plugins or addons, Den, besides that Extra Stereo Plugin which absolutely rocks?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey Den, is there any way to double the size of the play list?

I'm seeing options for Xmms and also for the equalizer but not the play list.

Also, I'm still hoping someone will post up the command line to get Jess in full screen.

I really, really would like to see this.

I'm fairly sure it can be done, I just need the command for wmctrl to do this.

Also, have you found any neat plugins or addons, Den, besides that Extra Stereo Plugin which absolutely rocks?

Thanks.
@Addison - I have only 290 of my favorite songs in a folder called "Music". I don't need to create any playlists, it just plays everything in that folder. I tryed the Extra Stereo Plugin and like it when set at 2.5%.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
Man, how things have changed around here over the past 6 months. Glad to see you guys are still here. I'll have to srart checking-in again more often.

I just updated my N800 to the latest SSU & loaded Telescope & the Diablo5 theme. I'm loving this fresh new look! Can't wait to see where it goes.

Xmms is also my music player of choice. I'm kinda partial to the default black skin double-sized when I'm just listening, and window shade mode when I'm multitasking. Xmms is the smoothest player, especially when it comes to how quick it is between tracks.

Originally Posted by moja View Post
Man, how things have changed around here over the past 6 months. Glad to see you guys are still here. I'll have to srart checking-in again more often.

I just updated my N800 to the latest SSU & loaded Telescope & the Diablo5 theme. I'm loving this fresh new look! Can't wait to see where it goes.

Xmms is also my music player of choice. I'm kinda partial to the default black skin double-sized when I'm just listening, and window shade mode when I'm multitasking. Xmms is the smoothest player, especially when it comes to how quick it is between tracks.
Welcome, Moja. This thread started out as a "Why I love my N800" but has evolved into a N800/N810 user hangout. I subscribe to this thread so that I get an instant email to let me know that someone has posted something new. I too, have installed the latest community SSU, and as you can see, I also love the Xmms player.
I bought my first N800 in September of 2007. If something happens to my second one, I will by a third. I have removed the "kick stand" from my unit and use a translucent silicone rubber case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I found something odd, at least on my N810, when using xmms.
I have xmms running, on-top is off, i launch opera...and when switching display mode (port-landscape or the other way around) xmms now becomes forced on-top and i can't hide it.

Made me go back to Quasar - which, in reality I still think is one of the best music players out there.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I found something odd, at least on my N810, when using xmms.
I have xmms running, on-top is off, i launch opera...and when switching display mode (port-landscape or the other way around) xmms now becomes forced on-top and i can't hide it.

Made me go back to Quasar - which, in reality I still think is one of the best music players out there.
Similar on my N800. If Xmms is on desktop, if I open something else, Xmms remains in the forground. I must then minimize Xmms.
In the menu, I have "always on top" unchecked.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
'Good' to hear I'm not the only one experiencing that.

Have you tried Quasar as a music player?
I really like the full-screen player (button in lower right) that gives a screen where you control the player by pressing on the sides of the screen. The cover finder is also very good.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
'Good' to hear I'm not the only one experiencing that.

Have you tried Quasar as a music player?
I really like the full-screen player (button in lower right) that gives a screen where you control the player by pressing on the sides of the screen. The cover finder is also very good.
Just installed Quasar. I have a folder with 300 mp3 songs. How do I create a playlist to play all of my music in that folder.

1) Edit: Add Directory
2) File: Save Playlist

Quasar will automatically open with the latest used playlist.

Btw, when in full-screen mode (the button in lower-right) you exit out of that mode by pushing the lower right corner of the screen - and you raise and lower the volume by pressing on the top and bottom of the screen (next previous song is on the left and right sides).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post: