Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
I've made a few bitesized youtube videos showing different aspects of liqbase.
each is just a few seconds long and gives a great overview of a few of the features and functionality available in the playground.

bitesize: liqbase search overview http://bit.ly/1EfSQu

bitesize: liqbase rendering engine overview http://bit.ly/1BKKD7

bitesize: liqbase sketch calendar http://bit.ly/ktuur

bitesize: liqbase sketch and graffiti wall gets things done http://bit.ly/116kSq

2nov, forgot this was around:
liqflow in action on n900: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk27PenpAz0
(its in a simulated collaborative flow)

Last edited by lcuk; 2009-11-02 at 17:17. Reason: added liqflow vid

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
You are quite an asset to our community.

The Following User Says Thank You to mfortner For This Useful Post:
mfortner

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I have to say I am super pumped about the calendar. Right now I am sitting here having sold my n800 and waiting for my n810 to arrive so I am out of luck as far as trying anything. I love the idea of a super simple calendar and I will keep an eye on how all of this comes together. Thanks for all of your effort.

There's probably a better place for these comments, but forgive my tmo newbishness. Here are a few questions/comments/suggestions I had:

Overall: I can appreciate having all of these in a suite, but will you also have the individual components widgetized? For example, I might not want the whole thing taking up my desktop, but having liqbase calendar widget which showed just todays panel and which in a tap would open up the full calendar would be fantastic and certainly something I would want on one of my screens!

On the sketch/grafiti wall:
Could you add a way to tag content? I like that it's so fast to enter something in and move on, but after I'm not rushing to take notes, it would be good to have a way to organize it all (I saw that you had a huge list of entries which struck me as potentially difficult to navigate)
I am guessing that the file name or some other meta-data already contains a date/time stamp, but if not please add this. Also, if there is some way to add functionality to the wall side to filter to a particular time, that would be handy. For instance, I could look for notes I made on Monday, or more advanced, I could look for all notes for a class by filtering content to everything I wrote on Mon/Wed/Fri between 2 and 3:30.
Could starting typing on the keyboard automatically add text to the top (or bottom or wherever you think it fits best)? I kind of know that this is missing the whole point a bit, but I can envision a use case where one would want smaller print than can easily be accomplished with a stylus.
Can you automatically tag entries with the GPS location you had at the time? Later on, I can envision this being merged with a maps app sort of thing so you can say "show me content I made within 20km of the maemo summit" or something like that.

Your presentation app:
Please show me more! Watching you use that it was incredibly smooth and responsive and I just had a sort of epiphony moment where I imagined giving a presentation and being able to pull up apps from within my presentation, zoom in on data for the audience and just generally make things much more dynamic then powerpoint and alike allow. Also, this is certainly beyond the scope of liqbase, but if there was a way to output a seperate image over the video out (one that only had the presentations and not the buttons) that would be great, else allow for a presentation mode where the buttons are hidden so you can easily use the video out to hook-up to a projector.

If anything that I said doesn't make sense, it's not you, it's my lack of sleep

This is all looking so awesome. Thank you for being part of the community!

lcuk

This is the killer suit for the n900

Mike C

Not to mean to offend at all..but it seems like liqbase is an eternal playground - a GREAT one with a LOT of creative concepts. But the thing is, I haven't seen anything come out of it that is more than half-way-developed tool embedded in a suite/playground.

Maybe it's time to team up with a project manager that can structure the completion and submission of something that can stand on its own outside of the playground after all these (years?). Sometimes a brilliant developer needs to be reigned in
I for one would be thrilled to see the calendar concept become an app but; to be honest, with the lack of focus I don't see it ever making it out of the pen.

Here's for hoping I'm wrong

lcuk - I tried the liqbase playgound on my N810.

Loved the nice smooth scrolling (which I am used to from the earlier liqbase).

The Calendar app - great - its one useful app for me from the list of all others liqbase functions.

The thing is if I wanted to go back a year or two in the calendar - I have to scroll upwards. Can we have a filter box (or selection box) to select a sepcific maonth and year in a final versions ? That would seem to be useful, even though I like that the scrolling really does not take too much effort - since its so smooooth and fast.

yeah tintin

things are coming out of the pen right now
theres a couple of test apps in extras-testing at the moment if you care to test.

I have some technical issues with integration and have been working on those in the background.

i use the apps every day, im comfortable with them all in the playground and they do what i need.

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
yeah tintin

things are coming out of the pen right now
theres a couple of test apps in extras-testing at the moment if you care to test.

I have some technical issues with integration and have been working on those in the background.

i use the apps every day, im comfortable with them all in the playground and they do what i need.
Great!
It might be posted already, so sorry for the repeat question, but do you have a list of what 'stand-alone' apps you got ready to be tested? I would love to take a look.
(Are they all in Extras-Devel?).

Thanks,told you I was rooting for me being wrong