Maemo 5 Downloads
Today I was really happy to see one more app on the download but it was a wallpaper.
One of the things that I don’t like at ovi store was this mess where app and wallpapers are all in the same space.
I propose that we can create a space for wall papers and themes and another for app and games.
Or leave the wallpapers for
http://www.n900wallpapers.com/
it seems that they are making a better job.
Any suggestions?

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
danielwilms has just announced an app for n900 which connects and talks to maemo.org/downloads
its written in qt and talks directly with the web.

if that app core could be reused and targetted towards n900wallpapers...

http://danielwilms.wordpress.com/200...ons-in-extras/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm currently working on a dedicated app for n900wallpapers (and building an API as I go, I'll release the specs for that when it's finalized), should be up for testing before the device is out. Hopefully it won't disappoint

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Any suggestions?
Yes, don't worry about it. The wallpaper packages will be grouped into large packages so they don't clutter everything up.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Yes, don't worry about it. The wallpaper packages will be grouped into large packages so they don't clutter everything up.
OK. Thanks.

There are so many wonderfull wallpapers, I think it would be a great idea to extend this wallpaper app to be able to cycle through a set of wallpapers at set intervals, like 1, 15, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6, 12, hours, 1 day, etc.
One could probably just have the user set the number of minutes and hours to switch.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dmj726 View Post
There are so many wonderfull wallpapers, I think it would be a great idea to extend this wallpaper app to be able to cycle through a set of wallpapers at set intervals, like 1, 15, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6, 12, hours, 1 day, etc.
One could probably just have the user set the number of minutes and hours to switch.
I'm currently working on finding a solution to this. If anyone has any ideas how this can be done (setting the background seems to be a trick too) let me know...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Maemo 5 Downloads
Today I was really happy to see one more app on the download but it was a wallpaper.
One of the things that I don’t like at ovi store was this mess where app and wallpapers are all in the same space.
I propose that we can create a space for wall papers and themes and another for app and games.
Or leave the wallpapers for
http://www.n900wallpapers.com/
it seems that they are making a better job.
Any suggestions?
Well, excuse me.
If I really wanted to piss you off, I could have individually packaged each of the 25 wallpapers in the pack. ;P

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Well, excuse me.
If I really wanted to piss you off, I could have individually packaged each of the 25 wallpapers in the pack. ;P
OK, OK… Sorry I thought it was only one.