Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
It was a bug in the packaging.
Its fixed in version 1.8-110
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
By the way - I'm sorry I didn't read through the last few pages to see if you mentioned any details on this - but I noticed the changelog saying that there's other language support included now. If you would like, I can provide a Russian localization.

- Edit -

Found the link to poedit.net in a post a few pages back. Didn't see a po file attached anywhere - presumably I have to get that from you.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-23 at 04:33.

Hi Mentalist Traceur

Thank you for your help.
It would be great, if you could translate it into Russian!
The .pot file was attached to the post with the instructions (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=258), but you can also use the one attached here.
If you already downloaded it, please do it again, as I added one text.

Thank you for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser.pot.zip (2.4 KB, 69 views)
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hello (yeah, I completely missed that instruction post initially by the way, thanks for linking me to it). I started on the translation - I should be finished within another day or at the most two. (Russian is my first language and I am fluent in it, but I spent my last decade of life in America, so my Russian typing speed is abysmally slow.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-24 at 08:26.

Hi all

I have a question according moving SleepAnalyser into Extras and would like to know your opinion.
Soon I will be able to add more languages to it, which would make it great to be added to Extras-Testing (again).
Beside of that I see it as a stable version and I will not add new features for a while.

Now the problem is that it is very hard to get the needed 10 votes to move from Extras-Testing to Extras.
If I now would promote a new version to Extras-Testing, I would lose the few votes the current version has and it would start again from 0 votes. This is very frustrating for those who already voted for it an then did it for vain.

Should I now do it anyway?
Or should I wait until I have the 10 votes?
To be honest, the version in Extras is now already outdated since a while and because of that I would appreciate if it could get updated.
Normal users should not need to use Extras-Testing, how ever if the software in Extras is always too much outdated, they will feel forced to use Extras-Testing, which actually is only thought for testing (its name... )

Instead of a donation ( ) I also would appreciate if you could test it and vote for it.
If you already use it, it should not take too much time to do it.
The link for voting is:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...lyser/1.8-105/

A good explanation how to test is here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_checklist
It also explains the criterias in detail:
1. [ ] Bug database exist.
2. [ ] Licensing ok.
3. [ ] No illegal/dubious content.
4. [ ] Working provided features.
5. [ ] No missing announced features.
6. [ ] Optification ok.
7. [ ] No performance problems.
8. [ ] No power management issues.
9. [ ] No known security risks.

Most of them can be checked easily by everybody:
1. Is my email adress
2. check "about" dialog
3. check content
4. Use it
5. Use it
6. This one is harder to test, but you actually only have to compare the free space on the rootfs before and after the installation.
7. Use it
8. Use it
9. Use it (or study the source code )
and more...

I say go for it, push the latest one you feel is ready into testing - you'll have my vote (especially if this is the latest version from Devel, since that's what I've been using a lot lately, and can vouch for it being just fine for the testing criteria), and I suppose it is frustrating to have your votes negated, but really, that comes with the turf of being an actual software tester. New stuff can have new unknown effects, etc. I also suggest putting links to the testing packages queue at the beginning of the thread, because I know there's plenty of users who just don't know where to go to vote, but wouldn't mind voting.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
any plans to add a sound graph?

@Mentalist Traceur:
You can vote for the version which is in Extras-testing.
The one in Extras-Devel only has very minor changes like language corrections.
I will add a testing link to the first post, thanks for that idea.

@Dave999:
I might have a look on that later on, but its quite a big deal. It will be hard to interpret the sound data. Also when you put the phone under the pillow, ambient noise will be falsified. i know there is a babyphone application which could give me some inspirations.
But before i have a look on that there are some other features I would like to add:
- Better alarm trigger algorithm
- Music for weak up
- Lucid dream music
and more...

Oh, I already voted right as I made my previous post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Oh, I already voted right as I made my previous post.
I am really sorry. I didn't see your name in the voters list.
Just now I realize that people can have different names in the garage vs. forum profile.
and more...