Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Just released 1.3

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ France
Just downloaded and works perfectly, notifications for calls are back, yeahhhh!

The Following User Says Thank You to cartron For This Useful Post:
Hi
I recently received my Pebble Time and tried to use your pebbled.
I am connected and can ping my Pebble and I also get calls forwarded but not a single notification made it through (no email, sms, Android, etc.).
I am using your 1.3 version and also my OS is up to date, I am installing the rpm via Terminal with su-devel (and also tried via the UI). I checked and the daemon is running...

It seems that I am missing a crucial step somewhere as you all report that notifications are working fine Do I have to change some Jolla settings or deploy the rpm in a different way? Can I investigate the problem / debug the app somehow?

Thanks a lot

The Following User Says Thank You to christinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Notifications are not working atm.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by christinchen View Post
It seems that I am missing a crucial step somewhere as you all report that notifications are working fine
pebbled was developed for Pebble Classic, so everything you read about it concerns Pebble Classic.

Pebble Time changed the protocol - notifications are completely different (share the timeline protocol) and software bundles need special handling. So these are missing. I am working on adding support, but real life and money bringing jobs have priority, you know. ;-)
The rest of the protocols stayed the same as classic, so these are the parts are working for you - calls, pings, firmware upgrade...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
thanks for clarification!
I was already wondering how fast you were

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The new SDK from yesterday includes a rewrite of libpebble - libpebble2 - may help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
The new SDK from yesterday includes a rewrite of libpebble - libpebble2 - may help
https://gitter.im/smokku/pebble?at=5...d3e1f54c9f13ad ;D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
I was about to order a pebble time. Just wanted to see if notifications are working yet?

Don't mean to sound pushy, just wanted to see if there was any update waiting in the wings

Last edited by wormdrummer; 2015-08-26 at 02:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
I was about to order a pebble time. Just wanted to see if notifications are working yet?

Don't mean to sound pushy, just wanted to see if there was any update waiting in the wings
AFAIK: no.
But I don't have a Pebble yet (backed the Time Steel though), and aren't familiar with the code base of this app. But a couple of days ago I did some investigation, and it doesn't look like it should be that hard to get notifications working for the Time (Steel). So it's just a matter of having the time to implement it. After I've gotten mine I will probably try to give that a go. But as said, I don't have my Time Steel yet (hopefully will arrive in a couple of weeks), and it will probably also take some time to properly implement it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled