Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Hi ! Firstly, Thanks a lot for this tutorial !!
I would like : Install nitdroid on emmc remove things on EMMC ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by yopyop123 View Post
Hi ! Firstly, Thanks a lot for this tutorial !!
I would like : Install nitdroid on emmc remove things on EMMC ?

Sorry for my bad english.
If remove emmc , and all your files delete the n nine hundred will be HUGE brick.

Seriously, improve your engilsh or bring somebody who speak them to help you. All the information exist in the first post with all details you need.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
does the terminal in Nitdroid works as Maemo? and can some one post a link with working apps and games?

thanks

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
does the terminal in Nitdroid works as Maemo? and can some one post a link with working apps and games?

thanks
already available on the wiki of nitdroid
google is your friend...
http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=Addsoftware

Should it be taking a long time to format /dev/mmcblk1p2 when running the installer?

i read thru the first post and the wiki and a lot of this thread but i have a couple noob questions that id like to confirm before proceeding. im not really up to speed on multibooting, i have used titan kernel in the past but only as my primary kernel

1. so, emmc installation installs it into the 2gb apps portion of the emmc. how crowded does it make it. would you advise flashing with 5gb/24gb emmc image first?

2. am i correct in assuming if im comfortable with instal onto stock 2gb partition, there is no reflashing and i dont lose current maemo build

3. whats the skinny on titans kernel 46. i notice a lot of people running it as multiboot, where before i just ran them as primary kernel. can someone summarize advantages of multiboot approach and/or link me to the most current thread about multiboot and titans kernel. i know there are several ways to multiboot, which is hte best

4. ever since i OTA updated to 1.3 my device has had some really slow issues that require reboot. i installed power40 kernel shortly after 1.3 to get overclocking back, but at one point i had to remove my battery for an extended period when i was afraid my phone got damp. upon reapplying power i got a 'custom kernel settings not loaded' msg, although overclocking still works and conky reports2.6.28.10power40.

im not afraid to reflash if it will give me a clean slate with access to kernel 46. while it is a bit of a bummer to reinstall everything i would do it if it would speed up the device. whats the best backup utility for apps and settings right now.

sorry for all the questions, its not that im afraid to read the forums, its just that things change so fast and often there are several routes to do the same thing, some which may be better suited to the combination i am trying to achieve

**UPDATE: after doing some more research i decided kernelpower v 42 was more my speed and so i updated thru extras testing. it *seems* faster. (clocked to 850, listening to music with multiple windows open. device is responsive, no audio stuttering.) could just be the result of a fresh boot). so thats where im at right now. im still kinda droid-curious if anyone wants to offer advice.**

and whats up with meego? even worth playing with yet?

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2010-12-05 at 22:29.

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Should it be taking a long time to format /dev/mmcblk1p2 when running the installer?
Disregard. I found if you have a large SD card you have to manually format it before using the auto-installer

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
hi guys,

this message i am typing within fast opera mini browser in Nitdroid and have some questions hoping someone is willing to answer it,

how to enable accelerometer for asphalt cause mine is not working for that game and in the list of apps it says it does work so how?

i have installed flash 10.1 and wanted to test it but the default browser of nitdroid is mobile version

iwanted to know how to change the useragent in that browser so i could watch youtubevideos at least??? i have search all over the internet but couldnt find a answer for that.

Antivirus? is that neccessary in nitdroid cause i have one installed and seems to work but was wondering if its neccessary??

how to change bootvideo??

again very much thanks for this Nitdroid!!!! its SUPERB!!!

Last edited by Ali; 2010-12-06 at 01:15.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@ali
use nitdroid froums.There is probably info regarding that.

i wanna try this again.

just wanna know if im following this instruction: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=139, do i have to install the nitdroid installer too? or just do the steps on that post?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid