Notices

Hey, such great App indeed! Congrats!

But just to let you know that Allociné is not a French service only: The UK version can be found here : http://www.screenrush.co.uk/ or the german here http://www.filmstarts.de/ for example as also present in Spain, Russia, China, Turkey and Brazil under different names. Should you offer traductions of your app via Transifex?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
Any intentions of sending it on apps.formeego ? Would facilitate distribution of the app.
First priority is to put it on Nokia Store. When it will be done, then why not. I will check how to publish it on app.formeego.

Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Hey, such great App indeed! Congrats!

But just to let you know that Allociné is not a French service only: The UK version can be found here : http://www.screenrush.co.uk/ or the german here http://www.filmstarts.de/ for example as also present in Spain, Russia, China, Turkey and Brazil under different names. Should you offer traductions of your app via Transifex?
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. I will check if the API is similar. If it is the case then sure I will consider traductions!

Originally Posted by tigre-bleu View Post
First priority is to put it on Nokia Store. When it will be done, then why not. I will check how to publish it on app.formeego.
I would be interested if you success to get a valid api key for maps...

I tried to publish an app on the store with maps plugin, but seems that there's a bug with the map api... :/ So nokia doesn't want to valid it.. :/

Exactly, the problem described here : https://bugreports.qt-project.org/br...TMOBILITY-1922

BTW, you fragmented your code quite well !

Last edited by pipould; 2012-09-10 at 19:52.

Originally Posted by tigre-bleu View Post
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. I will check if the API is similar. If it is the case then sure I will consider traductions!
I checked and indeed it is the same API.

I quickly coded some english translations in version 0.9.5. From the main page, we can switch between AlloCine french service and Screenrush english service. (Download in first post)

I am not very happy about how it is integrated at the moment but I will figure a clean solution later. In the meantime I think it is good for non french speakers to have an english version for the maemo.org coding competition review. (submitted version is 0.9.4 but same funcionalities as 0.9.5 - only language translation added)

As my N9 is in french and I do not really want to change it to english, I couldn't test the correct translation. If anyone could confirm to me if it works or not, that would be good, thanks!

Originally Posted by pipould View Post
I would be interested if you success to get a valid api key for maps...

I tried to publish an app on the store with maps plugin, but seems that there's a bug with the map api... :/ So nokia doesn't want to valid it.. :/

Exactly, the problem described here : https://bugreports.qt-project.org/br...TMOBILITY-1922

BTW, you fragmented your code quite well !
Mmm, I'll let you know about the map thing.

I just received today a Nokia Store rejection because there is a suspected IPR violation on the AlloCiné logo. I don't really know how to handle that because of course it is the AlloCine logo but that would be even worse not to quote AlloCine at all and use their API...

Maybe I should try to reach AlloCine and ask for an official persmission but I'm not sure about their reaction...

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Tigre-Bleu, great job on that application !!!!

I would love coding to bring some great applications like you've done ... I really need to put my hand in.

Bien joué

Just updated version 0.9.6 because english translations were not working with 0.9.5

I don't know what should be taken into account for the coding competition, I let the "authorities" decide :-)

- 0.9.4 was released in time but french only (Only FR API used - No translations)
- 0.9.6 was released after end date but the only change is english translation and choice between FR or UK API. No other functionnal change.

Both packages are available here.

I wouldn't have made that 0.9.6 update if I was not sure that it would help most of english speakers here understanding what the application is doing

Looking at your code I would be interested by your background in computer programming ?

Many parts of your code are really interesting to me, I've few apps and I didn't know how to implements some functions and I see how I could do, thank to your code

Mmm, if I start from scratch I should come back to QBasic

But more recently I learnt C/Java programming in my engineering school and I made also a few website projects learning css, php, python and javascript.

I spent quite a lot of time understanding how to do QML but hopefully I find QML by itself very simple (good QT documentation, helpfull forum answers, close to CSS/JS which I knew from web, SDK very easy to set up...)

More difficult for me was the C++ part but as you have seen if you took a look at the code, the app is almost pure QML (with the exception of what is not availble through QML like share-ui for instance). I made it by looking at examples on the internet and I'm glad I have a C++ programmer colleague which gave me a hand a few times when I was stuck.

The good thing is that I had started looking at all this QT/QML stuff before the begining of the competition so I could go fast during.

I'm really happy if by looking at some of the code you get solutions from your projects. That's exactly what I've done with other projects while developping mine and that's the beauty of open source