yay ncalc in portrait mode.

With one line of code
Code:
ui.setAttribute(Qt.WA_Maemo5PortraitOrientation, True)
but some issues with especially with widget sizing and MainWindow truncation. They seem to have changed all of the sizing somehow.

Just to let everyone know that Auto-rotation is not supported with PR1.1 even with the Qt4.6

Last edited by mikec; 2010-04-18 at 12:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Just to confirm that I have now fixed the truncation issues caused by Qt4.6

Here is code that works

Code:
MainWindow.setObjectName("MainWindow")
        MainWindow.resize(800, 480)
        sizePolicy = QtGui.QSizePolicy(QtGui.QSizePolicy.Minimum, QtGui.QSizePolicy.Minimum)
        sizePolicy.setHorizontalStretch(0)
        sizePolicy.setVerticalStretch(0)
        sizePolicy.setHeightForWidth(MainWindow.sizePolicy().hasHeightForWidth())
        MainWindow.setSizePolicy(sizePolicy)
        MainWindow.setMinimumSize(QtCore.QSize(800, 480))
        self.centralwidget = QtGui.QWidget(MainWindow)
        sizePolicy = QtGui.QSizePolicy(QtGui.QSizePolicy.Minimum, QtGui.QSizePolicy.Minimum)
        sizePolicy.setHorizontalStretch(0)
        sizePolicy.setVerticalStretch(0)
        sizePolicy.setHeightForWidth(self.centralwidget.sizePolicy().hasHeightForWidth())
        self.centralwidget.setSizePolicy(sizePolicy)
        self.centralwidget.setMinimumSize(QtCore.QSize(800, 480))
And here is ncalc already for PR1.2 with full portrait mode support

Just need PR1.2 and we are ready to rock

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Err, i couldn't find PyQt 4.7 in extras, had to re-enable extras-devel to get it. Was it taken off extras?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I originally installed PyQt 4.7 and the examples from extras, then uninstalled a half a week ago just to see how much space is freed up in rootfs, and then decided today i needed PyQt 4.7 again.

EDIT2:Reading the previous posts, i get the impression that once 1.2 reaches the n900, we should uninstall PyQt 4.7 then reinstall it? Because the QT libraries are in the update itself?

Last edited by 4242-564; 2010-04-24 at 08:15.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Hmmm... The package interface claims it's there. You sure that extras update went through OK ? Maybe a little apt-get snooping in the console can shed more light on what's happening.

As for PR1.2, you don't need to do anything, the 'new' PyQt will automatically update the 'old one' when it reaches Extras.

I have just unleashed Qt4.7.3 for Qt4.6 (PR1.2+) onto extras-devel. Support for Qt4.6 stuff will be in another thread. We'll keep this one around for Qt4.5 issues.

PS. If any moderators are reading this, please append 'for Qt4.5' to the topic name. Thanks.

Last edited by attila77; 2010-04-24 at 23:20.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
I installed the pyqtdoc package, but quite a lot of the demos say there is no documentation, have you got qt documentation built.

The error seems to be related to qt assistant. How do I get that installed on N900.
The documentation in question the app is referring to is the Qt documentation, which is not available in the Nokia repos (hence the error message) and even if it would, I would probably not depend/install it by default as it's huge (about 200mb when extracted).
I'm sorry to ask that noob question, but where can I get the PyQt Demo for the PC including the Documentation?

The Demo seems not to be N900 exclusive. Could you provide a Link in your first post?

All PyQt stuff (examples and docs included) have been taken from

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/.../pyqt/download

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
@Atilla

I'm getting a load of issues from people trying to install "maelophone" from extras dev.

Complains about missing: libqt4-svg, libqt4-core and a conflict with Python 2.5-qt4-gui.

any clues why this is working on my n900 (which has the bleeding edge qt) but not on PR1.1 stuff.

do I need to push the app into extras testing to see if it works on PR1.1?

For some reason the app manager tries to install the new(er) pyqt from extras-devel, even though it has a perfectly functional one in Extras that also satisfies the dependencies... What you can do (aside from disabling extras-devel) is temporarily add a dependency version to the 'old' pyqt. Something like Depends: python2.5-qt4-gui (<< 4.7.2) and then just change that to (>> 4.7.3) when PR1.2 is released. That way HAM should know whether your package is a PR1.1 or PR1.2 one...

EDIT: This is also the reason why we will have two packages starting with PR1.2: python2.5-qt4 will always refer to the one compatible with the stable PR, and python2.5-qt4-experimental will be the one which is for the upcoming PR (with Qt4.7, etc).

Last edited by attila77; 2010-04-28 at 12:49.

ok cheers pushing into extras testing solved the problem

Tags
development, pyqt, pyside, python, qt4