Notices

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
This app looks nice, but i can,t install it..
It starts to install and the screen flaches two times under the installation prosess and then the message "Can't install Mymenu" displays, only in Norwegian.
Is it because i have norvegian setup on my phone?

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
any detailed error/problem message?

No, only the yelow line over the screen who usualy says 1 program installed sucsessfully or something like that.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
@Crom

please mail me the installlog you can find it under: /home/user/MyDocs/mymenu.log

mailadd: maemo@3ion.at

thx manzn

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Hy,

a new app-update is online

other
Banner => moved from Games to Other
orrery

gps
4x4inclinometer

Education
ankimaemi

network
ask-ziggy
maegios
mauku

office
evince

system
fmms
phonelink
fapn

games
freecellmaemo
freeciv-client-sdl
mmagnetic
numptyphysics
prboom

science
gnuplot
qalculate-maemo

development
mad-developer

multimedia
seriesfinale

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to manzn For This Useful Post:
Will try installing the new update when i get home from work.
Hope you got my mail.. Did you see anything wrong on the log?

im having touch screen issues with this app

after installing my menu

i have to repeatedly tap the icon for the folder i want ,doesnt matter which ones there all very unresponsive . and only open after numerous attempts

everything is fine once i uninstall this app

and touch screen goes back to normal sensitivity and responsiveness

I got it working with the new update.
Realy nice app!
No suport for norwegian letter, but it's only the name of what i belive to be tools that misses a letter. No biggie.

Hi!

This is my first post in the forum. I've been watching this forum for a couple of months, waiting for N900 to become available and seeing the development of some good apps among a creative and supportive community.

Now the proud owner of an N900 and have happily tweaked it to my needs, unfortunately i've managed to break the Menu.. I installed MyMenu yesterday and was happy with the way it had organised the icons, things went a bit wrong when I tried update-menu. The screen froze up and I forced an reset.

At this moment, the menu has reverted to normal - except the 'More...' icon is missing. This means I cannot access Application Manager or X-Terminal. All applications are inaccessable except for the native apps, shortcuts to Application Manager or X-Terminal do not work.

Think I need to re-flash this or is there a quick way to resolve this?
Either way, I would really appreciate a step by step process to help repair it.

Thank you, J

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
Hi!

This is my first post in the forum. I've been watching this forum for a couple of months, waiting for N900 to become available and seeing the development of some good apps among a creative and supportive community.

Now the proud owner of an N900 and have happily tweaked it to my needs, unfortunately i've managed to break the Menu.. I installed MyMenu yesterday and was happy with the way it had organised the icons, things went a bit wrong when I tried update-menu. The screen froze up and I forced an reset.

At this moment, the menu has reverted to normal - except the 'More...' icon is missing. This means I cannot access Application Manager or X-Terminal. All applications are inaccessable except for the native apps, shortcuts to Application Manager or X-Terminal do not work.

Think I need to re-flash this or is there a quick way to resolve this?
Either way, I would really appreciate a step by step process to help repair it.

Thank you, J
As a first step, you could try pressing Ctrl-Shift-X, this will open an xterm. From there you can try to get the original menu back, or get MyMenu into shape.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcoil For This Useful Post: